SERIOUS RX QUESTION...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BILLCAMO, Aug 22, 2003.

1. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I FINALLY RECEIVED A RX FOR A DRUG THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP WITH MY RLS PROBLEM...... LIST OF POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS INCLUDE UPSET STOMACH & DIZZINESS.... THE RX WAS FOR SINEMET , BUT OF COURSE THE INS. CO. INSISTED ON GENERIC CARBIDO/LEVOD BOTH 25/100 TB TEVA.(WHATEVER THAT MEANS). TOOK MY 1ST. PILL LAST NIGHT. ABOUT 1/2 HR. AFTER , I GOT SO DIZZY THAT I COULD JUST BARELY MAKE IT TO THE BATHROOM TO SPEND 45 MINS ON MY KNEES TO THE "PORCELAIN GOD". WAS THIS AN UNUSUAL REACTION & SHOULD I TRY ONLY 1/2 PILL TONITE. OR IS THIS ANOTHER BOTTLE THAT I SHOULD ADD TO MY DRAWER OF THINGS I CAN'T USE. CAN'T ASK ISSUING DR. SINCE HER OFFICE IS CLOSED TODAY & IS ABOUT 200 MILES AWAY... THANKS !!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

It is called rxlist. Nausea is the most common "non-serious" side effect, as it was listed. So,no,this was not an unusual reaction, according to the info nausea is a very common reaction. Bet you really don't want to try it again.

I would still try your doc. Surely someone is covering for the weekend and could answer your question about whether you should try it again and if so- what dose. If you don't get an answer there, try the pharmacist where you got it filled. Or wait until Monday when you can get a hold of your doc and ask her. Can you tell I don't want to tell you to go ahead and try it again? Not sure I'd really want to give it another whirl after 45 minutes on my knees!

Hope this helps. -Karen
  3. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

TO BE HONEST I'M NOT AT MY BEST TODAY ..... AFTER LAST NIGHT..... THE ONLY REASON I'M CONSIDERING 1/2 DOSE , IS BECAUSE ..... EVEN FOR THE SHORT TIME IT WAS IN MY STOMACH...... IT SEEMED TO GIVE ME A SHORT TIME RELIEF FROM THE RLS I'VE BEEN FIGHTING FOR OVER 2 YRS. AS FAR AS ASKING MY PHARMACIST , THE PHARMACISTS & DRS. IN MY AREA ARE "NOT WELL FAMILIAR" WITH THESE DD'S. WHEN I PICKED UP THE 'SCIPT I INFORMED THIS DRUG WAS ALSO USED TO TREAT RLS. THERE IS VERY LITTLE UNDERSTANDING & EVEN LESS SUPPORT FOR THESE DD'S.IN THIS CITY I LIVE IN..... & EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MET OTHER PEOPLE HERE W/SAME DD'S. WE HAVE BEEN MAINLY SHOVED INTO THE CLOSET...... WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RAISE SOME RECOGNITION RE: THESE DD'S. HERE , BUT IT TENDS TO SLIDE BACK INTO THE CLOSET. SORRY , LET SOME OF MY FRUSTRATION THROUGH. TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!! BILLCAMO. THANKS AGAIN.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6) for the RLS? I had that for years, it would wake me up at night after all the problems of getting to sleep.

Since I have been taking the ZMA I have not had one incident of RLS's since.

Women take two capsules at night, men take three. It is sold here at Pro Health, or if you buy it at a health food store, be sure you only buy the SNAC brand. The other brands do not work.

I started taking it for deep sleep, but found that it also got rid of the RLS!!! Added benefit to be sure.

I can gurantee you won't be paying 'homage' to the great porcelain throne either.

ZMA takes about 10 days to really get the benefits of it.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

NO , I HAVE'NT , BUT YES I WILL IN NEAR FUTURE !!!!!!! I WILL GET FROM PRO-HEALTH , BUT RIGHT NOW THE ALLIGATORS ARE WINNING....... I SEE A FAINT LIGHT AT THE END OF MY CURRENT FINANCIAL CHALLENGES , BUT I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN "ANT".... & WON'T COMMIT UNTIL IT IS ACTUALLY IN HAND..(DON'T WANT TO , BUT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO RAID MY IRA. ).. I KNOW I COULD "CHARGE IT" , BUT I WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY THAT BILL..... I THINK I HAVE ASKED YOU THIS QUESTION OFF LINE..... DOES PRO-HEALTH SELL ALLIGATOR REPELLANT ???????? WE ALL COULD USE IT IF THEY DO !!!!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN !!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  6. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE !!!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF A FORMULA FOR HOW MANY TABS/POUNDS ?????? EVEN A "GUESSTIMATE" WOULD BE APPRECIATED..... ALSO , YOU NEVER HAVE TO PUT YOUR SHIELDS UP WITH ME...... IN FACT , IF YOUR SHIELDS EVER START TO FAIL..... LET ME KNOW ...... I'LL HAVE SCOTTY BEAM YOU ABOARD..... IF I DID'NT HAVE TO HOCK MY COM BADGE..... ANYWAY...... KEEP YOUR ARROWS STRAIGHT & YOUR POWDER DRY !!!!!!!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!! BILLCAMO.