serious swelling in foot and ankle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I am confused. I have had this swelling in my ankle and foot before due to exercise. I been back into a exercise routine the last 2 weeks. Now my left foot and ankle are very swollen. The swelling is even spreading some up my leg and I had serious knee and hip pain last night.

I have a perscription for celebrex. It actually helps control my pain which confuses me. I thought that fibro. was not a condition that would respond to celebrex.And to top this my blood pressure is running pretty high.

I don't know what to think. I soaked my foot/ankle in epsom salt and that helped some. Now it is back to being the same size as my calf.

Anybody know what could be going on?

2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

Lymphedema refers to swelling that occurs most often in your arms or legs. It may affect just one arm or leg, but sometimes lymphedema can involve both arms or both legs.

The swelling occurs when a blockage in your lymphatic system prevents the lymph fluid in your arm or leg from draining adequately. As the fluid accumulates, the swelling continues.

No cure for lymphedema exists. But lymphedema can be controlled. Controlling lymphedema involves diligent care of your affected limb.