seriously herxing... age issue.. FFC... everything lol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkstar, Nov 3, 2005.

1. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

this sucks.
    i am going through the detox process from yeast and from ebv and hhv-6... i am in such extreme pain.. i was told physical therapy just makes it worse... i just got tramadol so hopefully that helps some.. also some other kind of pill that cvs was not thrilled to give me... *shrugs* i just hope this pain is less severe SOON... it is becoming unbearable!!!

i went for my 3rd appointment [i think.. maybe 4th..] to the FFC Pittsburgh today.. the doctor said whereas this sucks for me, it is good and healthy.. that they have to *crack a few eggs to make an omelette*.. it better be a damned good omelette.. lol cause someone is cracking my egg with a sledge hammer!!!

also, with their suggestion, i am getting handicapped plates.. whereas this is a good thing because with the cold and all my legs just don't want to work sometimes.. but i am only 20 and it just bothers me... i don't understand how all of this is happening to me when i am so young.. i know it affects people of all ages, but i have been through so much that this on top of it just seems down right cruel.. i know there are people out there a lot worse off than i am so i have no reason to complain.. but this ugly disease is stealing my life force..

i am turning 21 in the middle of december.. and i don't even know if i will be able to stand up that day let alone celebrate.. i guess my ranting is done with...

-Lauryn
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

for feeling upset because you are so young! I'm upset for you.

One good thing, though, is that maybe in a few years a solution for this DD will befound, and you can live the rest of your life without pain. I certainly hope so for your sake and for all you that are so young and having to deal with this disease.

Please take care.

Sue
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They are very aggressive in attacking infections. This is good but if the Herxing gets too bad, that's not good. One can go more slowly in attacking the pathogens. It takes longer but it's easier on the body. There is such a thing as evoking a toxic shock-like reaction if there is massive killoff of pathogens all at once.

These treatment protocols have not been around a long time and the docs need to understand that they can be too aggressive. It's easy for a doc to talk about breaking eggs, but he or she is not the one suffering from over Hexing.

Many of us who have been doing these protocols on our own, before the FFC's came along, have had to adjust our treatments due to strong immune responses and Herxing. It took me a month before I could even tolerate one capsule a day of the TF's. Some on the Doxy have had to go to every other day because of over Herxing. Faster isn't always better if one cannot tolerate it.

This is just my own opinion from going through ABX, AV's, Heparin, and TF's and from others who have traveled the same path.

Good luck to you with your treatments and consider talking with the docs if things get too rough.

Love, Mikie
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Lauryn, so sorry you're in such misery, it's really hard to go through the herxing.

Someone here recently posted a helpful drink for herxing:

Whole Lemon Olive Oil Drink
    1 whole lemon, washed and blended until smooth
    1 cup of juice or water added to the blended lemon
    1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, blended with the lemon
    Pour through a wire strainer
    Discard pulp and drink liquid

"Taken every day, this drink helps the lymph glands to filter and move the dying organisms. Drink at least two quarts of fresh, filtered water every day to flush the organisms from the body."

I've also read on this board recently that someone used Heel Homeopathics Detox to assist with herxing.

When I was herxing it felt so much like the flu with muscle aches, chills, and misery. I tried the homeopathic called Oscilloccoccinum which is for flu, and it was helpful. I also found it helpful to take hot baths with epsom salts.

Just know that you're killing off the bad guys inside of you, and even though it's really hard to go through, it will pass.

I also agree with what Mikie says, she is very wise.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.
    (P.S. I go to the FFC in Seattle)
    Hopeful4

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2005]
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

My herxing was so bad for lyme, I had to cut my abx in half. I did it even before asking my FFC doctor but she was ok with that. It has helped a lot to start off a little slower.

If we're really toxic, die-off can be awfully hard on us. We want to herx, but, like Mikie said, we need to go slow.

Did they test you for lyme yet?

Sandy
  6. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

thankfully no lymes... ebv, hhv-6, candida, my pregnenolone was low, nk cells were low, lotsa things going on... but no lymes!
    -Lauryn
  7. kbak

kbak Member

I agree with Mikie also. I don't think anyone can stand to be in a major hex for very long. I too have learned to ajust my treatment to better fit what I could tolerate.
  8. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Oh sweetie!! I'm so sorry!! I have no practical advice to give you, others have offered very good thoughts though. I can however empathize with you. (I'm a mid-December baby too, think that has anything to do with it? ::grin::)

I'm in my mid 50's now, but I've fought this DD for most of my life. It's very very difficult. Probably more so for you right now because of the herxing.

When I was younger I was just tagged as a hypochondriac and never got much of any kind of help. The herxing you're describing seems to be too much. Like the others have said, the docs probably need to ease up on your treatments.

I had a bad herx in the beginning of the summer. I was put on Doxycycline and Famvir and I almost wished I could have just died! It was that bad.

Reading your post just brought tears to my eyes -- I'll pray for you, and also be watching the board for updates. Hope you'll be feeling a lot better very soon.

Love & blessings
    Mar
  9. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Are you feeling any better this week? Keep us posted. ((( ))) Thanks for sharing.
  10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

When I went on Antibiotics they told me if It got too bad there was something they could give me to help. I can't remember what it is but If I were you I would call and tell them whats going on. Let them know how bad things are and ask for relief. Dr B in Atlanta is so understanding of these things. I hope your Dr will be too.

Also I got to the point sometimes wher I just wanted to quit. It was really bad. I am so glad I hung in there because I feel much better. I know it is difficult to go through but the alternative of staying the same or getting worse is not a very good one. Please call and get some relief and hang in there! Lynn