seroquil anybody?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shazz, Jun 19, 2003.

1. shazz

shazz New Member

My phsycologist suggested I ask my doc for this for sleep.
    Nothing works and this is a whole class of drugs I have not tried yet.
    Anybody take this or have any thoughts?
    It is an anti-phsycotic drug, but he says they use it on little kids who won't go to sleep with pretty good results.
    Would appreciate all feedback.
    Something has to give here, I can't go on like this much longer.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

My sister is on that~ She lives far away from me, so I talk to her on the phone sometimes.She just said that her dr. switched her sleep meds to seroquil and it knocks her right out!And for her to say that,it must be strong cause she has a high tolerance!! So from what I hear.... it'll make ya sleep!!
    Wish you luck~
  3. FibroNan

FibroNan New Member

and it really helps him. The Prozac he takes gives him insomnia and the Seroquil helps him sleep better than anything he's ever tried. He likes it much better than the Ambien that I take.
    Nancy
  4. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I take seroquel to sleep. I take 25mg - 100mg. The more energy I have the higher the dose I need. I take it an hour before bedtime and I crash, sleep well. But unfortunately
    it leaves me a bit sedated the next day. The antipsychotics can have bad side effects but I haven't had any from seroquel, apart from feeling a bit sedated. Worth a try!

mitch
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2003]
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I was on this and I loved it for sleep. My nerves also felt so good on it. But I gained so much weight on it I had to quit taking it. I gained about 40 pds in 3 monthes. Everyone is different so you might not have that problem but I wanted to warn you.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not sure what medicine caused my sisters gain.But she comes to see us from N.carolina each year.Each year she gets bigger&bigger!!lol poor thing~ She was around 140 lbs 2 yrs ago.....now shes at 202!! I would'nt put up with that side effect!! a few lbs,OK.....but thats crazy weight gain!!
    Take care all!
    Tracey