Serotonin has anyone had this problem?Help Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jul 8, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have had this problem where I get sick to my stomach .I'll eat something and anything will set it off.I began to throw up, but it is huge amounts of nothing but clear liquid a little thicker then water.Almost like baby oil.
    I do this with out any warning it just comes.Its not my gallbladder I do not have one it was removed over 28 years ago.Its not a herna either.
    I noticed this starting again after I started to reduce my zoloft level (doctor knows im doing this) I also am increasing my effexor (this drug has given me energy).
    I had this problem last year before I was put on the zoloft and effeyor.But apparently the zoloft controls it to some degree.

I was just wanting to know what the liquid is? I also have a problem with my levels of serotonin .When they are low I have server mental problems.I can not remember things and I'm paranoid to the point of being hospitalized.

Does anyone know if this liquid could be serotonin because it kinda all happens together.So I wonder what could be happening to my body to cause it to come out like that .If I could figure that out maybe I could figure out why I get sick.What are the reasons and how can we loose serotonin from our bodys?Anyone know?Besides lack of sleep.

I realize if I increase the zoloft it will control this but Id like to know whats causeing it, to fix it not just control it.Im not sure its got anything to do with serotonin levels its just my feeling because of everything happening together.

Also is this linked to CFS/FM ?
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Have you considered the possibility of lactose intoler-
    ance? My Doc told me that adults can develope it in lat-
    ter years. Don't know if Celiac disease causes those
    symptoms but you might research the possiblity.

If you are vomiting on an empty stomach, the product being
    expelled maybe stomach bile. (??) Just some thoughts.
    I hope others here can provide other poss. causes to ex-
    plore.

Sorry you're having problems and get well!!
    MRDAD
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

lactose intolerance I do have this but I donot think that it.I also have it more offten after I eat, no matter what I eat.I do not eat Dairy Products.
    Thank you though for trying to help.
  4. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I, myself can't say what is causing you to vomit, But I know for myself---sometimes when I vomit(not very often), I know that it is some bile.

I recognize the bitterness and yellowish in color, and sometimes it can be greenish.

Sorry, but that is the only info. I have to offer. I hope find out and start to feel better.

Love and hugs,
    AbbeyMae
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Thank you but its not bile I know what thats like from years ago with my gullblatter.
    This is a clear and has no taste to it.
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and was mystified by it . I also was struggling with constipation at the same time. Once I cleared up the
    bowel / constipation issue , the vomiting stopped.

If you are having constipation, then your bowels and plumbing system may be backing up and not emptying normally .

On the other hand , it is possible that your depresssion
    or anxiety could trigger vomiting - that is what my doc said . She had a patient who barfed when extremely stressed and improved once she took prozac. Anxiety or depression can cause "nervous stomach ".

7. ckball

ckball New Member

I saw on one of the medical shows I love to watch, that the sinus's can drain up to one quart of fluid a day. More than that if you are having real sinus allergies.

Do you feel nauesous (sp) before you throw up? I hope you find your answer.- Carla
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

It does seem like sinus when it comes up there is so much.But I dont really have that problem,I do not have any draingage. But it feels like it comes from my throat.
  9. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Carebelle -

Part of the lining of the digestive system is mucus. The mucus is clear (not the green or yellow that can also come from the sinuses) and is secreted my specialized cells.

It is thicker than water and shiny.

Hope this helps,
    Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Oh my ,that's what it looks like.I have had some reflux lately.
    Are there any reasons you know that would cause so much to come out without warning? Even on a bland diet it will happen.
    could the lining coming off cause mental problems?Or could another problem cause mental problems and the lining to come off ?I was thinking an enzines,or vitamin problem.
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Carebelle:

Honey, if you end up hospitalized before because of these problems, I would say it is time to call doc. Problem Solving 101. The doc will have the answer for you. Just print out what you wrote and let him or her see it.

It may be because (as you asked) a problme dealing with FM/
    CFS.

It can never hurt to visit doc and find out what is what.
    Why not print out the above and make an appointment.

Maybe I am a worrier, but I care about other people and do not want to see you slick through the cracks of a healthcare system where people get lost sometimes.

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

nyrofan
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thank you for careing and I think I am going to call my doctor .I'm waiting on a report to come back in a couple days.
    This is a problem I havent told them about yet.I just hate those test when I already hurt.
    But I know I need to go.