serotonin levels...about todays tip of the day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Sep 10, 2003.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

I am wondering if any of you have found relief from the pain and fatigue from increasing your serotonin levels? My past 2 doctors had tried several antidepressents with me in hopes of it helping me because this was their understanding also.(that raising the serotonin levels would help with pain) I never found relief with any of them (only lousy side effects when I tried to go off them)...I am again trying to figure out what to do as my coping skills are quickly losing the battle with all this disease throws at us.You all have always been my greatest source of information so please let me know your experience with using the meds that raise your serotonin levels...not sure if they all fall under the label of antidepressents or not..Thanks for your time as always....kathleen
    oops...could you also tell us the name of the meds that helped you if any did....thanks and gentle hugs..
  2. FranWi

FranWi New Member

Glad to hear you're doing well on the Lexapro. My doctor just wrote me out a scrip today for it and gave me two weeks worth of Lexapro samples to just try it out first. I'm already on klonopin, but it's not putting me to sleep, and the depression just keeps getting worse, so I'm crossing my finges here! Besides St. John's Wort, migrane meds, and decongestants - do you know of any supplements that should be avoided while on Lexapro? I take a lot of vitamins and such, and really didn't discuss that with him. I stopped my St. John's when I looked up the info on the web and read that the interaction of those two can cause stroke or seizures. I guess I could ask my pharmacist as well when I get the prescription filled.

:)

Fran

[ advertisement ]