Serum immune globulin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by busybusymom, Jul 8, 2003.

1. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I'm writing to found out if anyone out there has ever received intramuscular immune globulin for CFS. I have been receiving it for almost 2 years. It has definitely boosted my immune system (no bad colds!), and although overall I feel better than I did 2-1/2 years ago when this all started, my energy level is still not up to par (my EBV titer is 700X the norm). I'm unable to hold down even a part-time job, because with the fatigue I feel off balance and dizzy.

If anyone is receiving this, please let me know if you have had a positive reaction to it.

Thanks for any input.

Busy, busy mom

2. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

Hi
    Why are they giving you immune globulins? I'm going through testing and may need them via IV. What kind of doctor is treating you? There is a fine line, at times, between primary immune deficiency (PID) and CFIDS/FM. I've been reading about both. Do a search for PID.
    Karen
  3. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. I am receiving the globulin IM because of my high EBV titer, in hopes of boosting my immune system (which I believe it has) and to give me a boost of energy so that I can function. About a week after I get the shot, my energy level seems to go up, but within a month or so, I feel drained and exhausted and it is a struggle to just get out of bed. Therefore, I have to get the shots about every 5 to 6 weeks.

I have never heard of PID, but I will look into it. Please let me know if you do receive the IV globulin. If anything, the upper respiratory infections seem to have disappeared, and since I've gotten the shots, everyone around me can be sick and I won't get it!

Busy, busy mom