Serum levels ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by INITAHUG, Jul 7, 2008.

1. INITAHUG

INITAHUG New Member

I got my "cocktail" rollerball of topical pain gel from

the "pain DR" and now they want me to do blood work for

serum levels ?? and they wanna check TSH, FREE T4, FREE T3, REVERSE T3, TPO, FERRITIN, and 25(OH) VITIAMIN D3

whats this all about ???
  2. zoster

zoster New Member

HI

Looks like they are testing your thyroid and vitamin D levels along with your Iron levels. Not sure what TPO is.

All the best
  3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

TPO is a test for thyroid antibodies - checking to see if your body is making antibodies against your thyroid - like an autoimmune issue.

These are excellent tests- these are the real tests to check if you need help with your thyroid as the TSH test is not really accurate or valid.

Sounds like you have found a good doc. I would love to know what is in the rollerball gel.

Marti
  4. INITAHUG

INITAHUG New Member

My family doctor sent me to this pharmacy where the pharmacist mixes up a topical pain gel for you to meet your needs. They do some paperwork and rate your pain, and its in topical form so only like 5% goes in your blood, and you don't get the side affects like narcotics.

There are NSAIDS, NERVE CONDUCTION INHIBITORS,VASODILATORS, and MUSCLE RELAXANTS.

I dont do well with muscle relaxers,oraly so they are trying this. Ive had it one day and I wanna take a bath in it !!