Settled In

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dawnt, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I've been diagnosed with CFS for about 4 years. I've done everything possible to try to help myself. Seen every doctor I could think of to help me even alternative docs. I now only see Dr. Small in Sarasota (he's on the list on here as a good doc and I agree immensly)

I've come to a point in my life, where I accept what triggers bad days, how to live day to day in pain, how to manage that pain to the best of my abilities. Luckily my family and friends understand and don't critisize me and know how I live.

Does anyone just settle and live with this ok? I think I've finally got to that point. Just hoping it'll go away one day or......I guess this is how I live the rest of my life.

Dawn
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i have cfs and fms. i used to feel really bogged down and getting across the living room was like an olympic sport :)

i am feeling so good now i cant wait to say thanks but no thanks to my dla. i know i have been in a terrible flare ~the worst i have even suffered. right now i have found a balance of meds just right for me.i have been working on not just pacing through a day but thinking ahead and pacing a week, and i have been looking to different relaxation techniques. massage, meditation, excluding my self(when i go into overload i lie flat on my back with a sleeping bag over my head for 15 mins,it works great), relaxation music with jos sticks or candles, a spa thing for my bath and if i go out in the evening i sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon.

i only get through my day because i employ coping stratagys and listen to my body, of course there are days when i over do it but then i know its my own fault.
    i havent found anything that helps with the cognitive dysfunction or the hung over feeling in the mornings.

its great that you have a supportive family thats half the battle, theres nothing worse than suffering and then searching for validation.
    i wish you all the best, have a look around your area for a steam room and tell me what you think. i used one while on honeymoon and felt great! there isnt one any where near me but i would love to have another go:)

love smiffy