Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hawkeye, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I know there are many posts already on this medication and if you are reading this thank you for taking the time. I started taking this medication about 3 weeks ago and so far so good it has helped me tremendously! My pain level has decreased, my stamina has increased and I think that it helps me sleep but my question is if you are taking this has anyone notices excessive sweating, heat to the point of feeling EXACTLY like hot flashes? I am so discouraged because I am 49 and finally had to go on Premarin because of hot flashes a few years ago and got those under control and now the Sevella is doing exactly the same thing to me. I am wondering if once I level out and my body adjusts to this if it will go away.

2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I've been on Savella for appx. one month. I don't have the hot flashes you mention and I can't remember if that is a side effect or not.

I'm doing OK on the Savella, unfortunately for me it has not made much of a difference with the pain but I am losing weight:) And I'm sure in a round about way that will help the pain.