SEVER BLOATING can you help me????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Aug 12, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Do any of you have this problem.Before I eat I look like I'm 7 months pregnant .Have absolutely no waist at all.

After I eat I blow up even more so bad that I look like a balloon ready to POP.It must increase about 8 to 10 inches .
    There is no pain or gas.Just very uncomfortable .

I go for my full yearly physical on the 23 rd.Just wondering if any had this problem and if your doctor found the cause.

Thank You in advance for your responses.

Hugs
    Sue
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

But I do know I drink and eat nothing with artificial sweetners in them.

If you look at my profile you can tell by my picture how big it is without eating.

Im the youngest one in the middle.LOL Iam really in the middle with the long dress on.

Thanks for your help Ill ask my doctor about candida.

Hugs
    Sue
    PS How did you get rid of it???
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Yes Suz, I am having trouble with this also. In the past I could relate the bloat to foods, I have a lot of food allergies.

So I have been watching it better with the known culprits. Still the bloat.... so now I am wondering if I have developed new allergies.

I had been getting into chocolate (sugars) that can exacerbate Candida. Eliminated that, it has helped only a little.

Staying away from yeast, wheat, corn, soy, citrus (my particular allergens) is difficult. It takes enormous vigilance.

But if you try a wheat, yeast, sugar free diet for starters that would be a logical plan, to see if that helps. There are web sites that would help you with the particulars.

Probiotics helps also.

Please let me know what helps you, I am considering an appointment with a gastroenterologist...... I HATE those visits. Trying to figure this out on my own.

June
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I also, have problems with tummy; look and feel bloated and wondered what it could be. I thought I was just gaining weight but when really took a good look, it's ALL in the middle. But....I do have some pain with mine. That is scaring me.

I had not heard of candida but did look it up.

I suppose this is just another good reason for me to go ahead with the "colonoscopy", ARRRGGG!!!!!

Hope you find an answer;

BlueSky555
  5. Yes whether I eat or not I am so unbearably bloated. I have an appt in a few weeks with a gasterologist, I am just miserable.
    However I just read if you add lemon to your water it will help bloating! I am ready to try anything. Gas x or any of those types of things don't help at all.
  6. Tude

Tude New Member

Sue:

Hi! I bloat too, but have discovered that avoiding several foods stops it. I do have them now & again & blow up again. I sit here with a tummy right now.

Surprisingly, I found the foods I ate regularly were the culprits - something about sensitization. My list includes tomato, (all the nightshades really - potato, eggplant, etc.), wheat and several other grains, milk, etc.

I did not find these using allergy tests but some weird enterro-something-or-other machine (some alternative medicine thing). You might find something similar in your area. I went to Red Paw Data in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They have a website, so maybe you can goggle them.

I wish you improvement in your health. Hugs...Susan xo

When I avoid these foods religiously, I am fine. Eat a bit and voila!
  7. Mgoblue201

Mgoblue201 New Member

I feel the bloating. I don't necessarily look it. I have a big enough intestinal problem that I once had to go to the doctors for a colonoscopy.
  8. did the colonoscopy show anything, what did they do for it?
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Abdominal bloating can also be a symptom of ovarian cancer. My niece had severe bloating, looked pregnant, and it took the doctor 11 months to diagnose ovarian cancer. You should ask your doctor to check this out. There's a blood test - CA-125 - which can help with diagnosis.

Mary