Severe back pain in the mornings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hmacioce, Jun 23, 2004.

1. hmacioce

hmacioce New Member

For about the past 4-6 months I have been getting woke up with a severe dull ache in my back. I will toss and turn with it then finally get up. Feels as though something heavy is laying on my back. Just another one of these crazy FMS syptoms I guess!

Mace
  2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I have phases of morning pain and stiffness, sometimes just lower back stiffness which makes it difficult to straighten up. At other times I ache so much all over that I have to get out of bed just to get relief. I think lots of us have experienced this problem. I usually feel as if I have been run over by a ten tonne truck during the night. So much for having a lie-in at the weekends - FM has certainly put the kybosh on that!!
  3. amejia

amejia New Member

I get it about 3-4 in the morning it seems and I don't sleep very well after it starts. I take a hot shower and it feels a little bit better.

But yes I would agree on the 10 ton truck idea..

Angie
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

The other day while I was at an out of town at a relatives house.I was in very bad pain until four in the morning.I sat erect in a chair and even that hurt.I could not recline,the pain only went away when I was standing and I couldn't stand all night.I know it well!
  5. ceili

ceili New Member

Whenever I vacuum, for the next few days I get a stabbing pain in my back. Just told dh he was going to have to do this from now on or we're hiring a maid.

Happens every time. That, and I also pick my old dog up when he has to go potty and it wears on my back.

I always try to use my legs but it still affects my back.

Drugs don't help........nothing does until it sorts itself out about a week later.

Sucks but this is my life.