Severe Breathing Problems With Fibro!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Sep 27, 2010.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I suffer from costochondroitis which is really painful!!
    Cannot move my body an inch and it feels like I am having a heart attack!!

But when I am OK I have really bad problems with my breathing.
    Any kind of exertion really knocks me out!!!

If I try to take my yorkie dog for a walk it kills me.I feel as though I cannot get my lungs to expand enough to let any air in!!!!

Going upstairs is such hard work.
    I wish i had some kind of energy to get me through this.

Anyone got any great ideas???????????/

Thanx

Rena
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

There is a lot of overlap and misdiagnosis with Fibromyalgia, often the more severe symptoms come from another illness (because other illnesses often cause fibromyalgia syndrome). The research into this condition is very.. flawed, in my opinion, because it's such a misunderstood illness and it's difficult to determine (even for the researchers) which symptoms are coming from the FM and which are coming from a comorbid condition (infection, Lupus, RA, M.E., etc). But maybe this site will be of use for you?

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fibromyalgia_breathing.html

It seems to suggest thyroid problems as being a major cause of breathing difficulty. Please see your doctor to rule out infections (pneumonia, even a tick-borne illness known as babesiosis), and get copies of all your bloodworks to look at them yourself. Sometimes the labs say everything is "normal" when, if you look at them yourself, you can tell some things are actually quite elevated (neutrophils, eosinophils, etc) and could suggest you are fighting something off!

karyn
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Get to a doctor for a heart work up. This can be a real sign of heart problems. You say difficult to breath and feels like a heart attack, don't wait.

I am not trying to scare you but I use to work in a large clinic.
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Get to a doctor for a heart work up. This can be a real sign of heart problems. You say difficult to breath and feels like a heart attack, don't wait.

I am not trying to scare you but I use to work in a large clinic.
  5. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have had loads of heart checks but they are always ok.
    I think maybe some of the breathing problems could be because I have put weight on and hauling my butt around is makes me more exausted and even fastening my shoes is hard work!

The cold weather has already started here in UK and I dont go out at all cos it kills me so I guess I will end up more unfit than ever.

The costo also flares up more in winter so I will have to get my fleecy stuff out soon to stay as warm as possible.

Here in UK we do not get our results from blood tests or scan to keep.............We have to go back to our GP and they tell us.They hold all our info from birth.I think we can ask to see them for a good reason we can but I dont know anyone who does this.

Thanks for replies
    Rena
  6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I agree with karyn that it is very possible that you have stealth infections like Babesia(shortness of breath or "air hunger") , and lyme (costochondritis, fatigue etc). These infections are often found together.

Read the symptom list on pages 9-11 of this paper and pay attention to the coinfection symptom info on pages 22-27....

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

FYI: A negative lyme test should never rule out lyme, just in case you have had a test in the past that was negative....they usually are....mine was too and I have lyme...along with many other people on lymenet.org

Here's more good info...

http://www.lymepa.org/Basics2007v1.2Rev.pdf

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/about_lyme.html