Severe Chronic Dry Eye

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hewitt47, Jan 10, 2007.

1. hewitt47

hewitt47 New Member

Has anyone had chronic dry eye? I went to my opthamologist 2 months ago abd he said my eyes were bone dry. They were completely bloodshot. He put me on strroids, eye drops, antibiotics - I went back yesterday and same . I had mentioned that I had FM - he said, Ah,ha....It's a symptom and if it isn't caught and taken care of, could lead to blindness. It never goes away. Thought I'd pass this along.
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Bumping for responses.
  3. neisy

neisy New Member

I had this problem when my FM kicked in, my eyes were the same as yours, I had the same treatment but also had permanent eye plugs put in and now use restasis, my eyes are still on the dry side but I can actually wear my contacts again, although for a shorter time . . . I found
    that hot compresses on my eyes helped and after a month, the redness went away, it's taken a little over a year to get my eyes in good shape as they are now. Make sure you get tested for Sjogren's Syndrome! Good luck.
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Make sure you get tested for Lyme by Igenex. Many cfs/fm symptoms often turn up to be Lyme. Lyme coinfections will spread into your eyes also. I was misdiagnosed for years.