severe fibromyalgia!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rbtheidmanhabs, Oct 15, 2002.

1. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

If there is anyone that suffers from from severe fibromyalgia please contact me.I have been diagnosed as having no immune system in which I take monthly infusions for.They diagnosed me with fibro in May.Also helobacter pyloria.The fibro started out in just my right arm but now it's in both arms,my hips,neck and legs.Some days I cannot even get out of bed.I have to force myself to move.I am om ampytripaline but I really don't feel that it is helping me much.Every day my right arm and hand swells up like a balloon.I don't know if this is related or not.I have been having an awful time.
  2. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

If there is anyone that suffers from from severe fibromyalgia please contact me.I have been diagnosed as having no immune system in which I take monthly infusions for.They diagnosed me with fibro in May.Also helobacter pyloria.The fibro started out in just my right arm but now it's in both arms,my hips,neck and legs.Some days I cannot even get out of bed.I have to force myself to move.I am om ampytripaline but I really don't feel that it is helping me much.Every day my right arm and hand swells up like a balloon.I don't know if this is related or not.I have been having an awful time.
  3. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

i have very severe fibro... dont know what kind of meds u r on but i have had allergic reactions that have made my legs blow up like balloons,,, never the fibro did it only the meds they gave me so i stopped them ( bextra)
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

My severe pain with Fibro started in my right shoulder and arm, too....and has ended up in neck, both arms, hips, and legs. The only thing that gave me my life back, to any degree, was vicodin, so I could get up, and move a bit. I really think your body shuts down to a certain extent when you are confined, as I had swelling then. After I was able to get some pain relief, I became a bit more mobile. Just being able to sit up a bit, and walk a bit, made a difference. I have now reduced to Ultram for pain, and the Vicodin, for especially bad days, which have been getting fewer.
    Best wishes,
    Karen
  5. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Hi Rbthe - uh sorry your name is too long for me to comprehend at one's sight.

You mentioned helobacter pyloria. I've also had dx of h pylori bacteria. Mine was in my duedonem. After 4 docs recieved my dx of HP.

I've got mine 'in check' with flagyl and Pepto Bismol.

As for the 'Pain' with Fibromyalgia its a 'Touch And Go Situation'. I personally have taken Elavil for 6 yrs at nite time -then was rx'd Pamelor because of high blood pressure.

Just in the past several months, my PCP has requested I slowly refrain from taking Pamelor & switch to Ambien.

Whose They? If you've not visited a Rhuematoligist - May I Suggest You Do. Rhuemy's have the best reputation when dxing FMS/CFIDS/Me.

Gentleness
    Ambien.
  6. TracyV

TracyV New Member

medication? If not I really think you should consider finding a doctor to help you get some. I know many don't like taking narcatics for pain, but there are times when they are called for. You deserve to have a life as pain free as medicaly possible. There are medicines that can help. This is one of the things that causes depression to us with this disease, it's so hard not to be depressed when your in constant pain. I hope you find some relief soon.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  7. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i am back to studying my food intolerances again and working on my diet. in 99 i had a workup done that showed all the foods that my body reacted negatively. (dairy, black pepper, eggs, whey, etc.) of course i have been in a bad flare for awhile so really haven't done anything to start but read material again, but my point

i notice when i am flaring, my hands tend to swell and remember reading just recently that swelling of limbs can be a sign of allergic reaction of your body to a certain food. thus this would result in a start of your fms swelling and worsening, in layman's thoughts. but it is strange it is on one side of your body.

read some posts recently on the acid/alkaline foods we eat, they are very interesting and may help with understanding the thought of what we eat and how it affects our bodies and the consequences. i think it was post under Rene-M.

i have seen the h pylori mentioned in other posts, what exactly is this and how do they test for it.

hope this is helpful,
    warm regards, fibolady