Severe groin pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by huntresslady54, Nov 25, 2002.

1. huntresslady54

huntresslady54 New Member

I would like some feedback on this i have fibromyalgia and last month started with this groin pain, i am wondering if this is related, the last two days i can hardly walk, what is the long term effects of this disease.
    * Thanks so much to the people who wrote to me now that I think of it i did have this when i was pregnant. It is like a bruised feeling and the pain does generate into the thighs. I was diagnosed with Fibro 4 years ago and am on ultram only for it of course evenings the aching and pain is much worse or if i over do it.[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  2. huntresslady54

huntresslady54 New Member

I would like some feedback on this i have fibromyalgia and last month started with this groin pain, i am wondering if this is related, the last two days i can hardly walk, what is the long term effects of this disease.
    * Thanks so much to the people who wrote to me now that I think of it i did have this when i was pregnant. It is like a bruised feeling and the pain does generate into the thighs. I was diagnosed with Fibro 4 years ago and am on ultram only for it of course evenings the aching and pain is much worse or if i over do it.[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. I had pelvic pain, which put me in the bed for a week, I could hardly move. That was a few years ago, it passed and I have not gotten it since. I hope I never do again.

I have had Fibro for 20 years, it has gotten real bad, gone into remission, then flared back up again.

Right now I am doing very good. I did make some changes in lifestyle, diet, and am now sleeping at least 7-8 hours a night without waking up, if I do wake up I go right back to sleep.

I take malic acid & magnesium, and also ZMA(zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) at night for sleep. The magnesium has really made the biggest difference in the Fibro, pain and sleep.

But we are all different, so you simply have to fine what works for you.

Longterm effects? Good question. I think most of us are differnt here too.

We seem to have differnt levels of pain, and other related symptoms. I know meds has messed up my stomach, I had severe sinus attacks, headaches, fatigue, etc.

At this time, I have most under control. I think it all starts with deep sleep.

I also know that most of us are deficient in magnesium, and other minerals and vitamins.

I hope this helps some, I know how you feel. We are all looking for answers.

Again, welcome to our group, and I do hope you get some relief soon.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

it's been bothering me for at least two weeks now. Went to the GYN first and he said it was the ligament that connects to the pubic bone. I believe there is a trigger point that Devin Starlyand mentions in her book.
    It's a crazy ache because I wasn't sure what it is--ovaries, appendicitis and so on. I had it once before a couple years ago and after all the worry it went away. For some reason it's back---wondering if I stepped wrong and aggravated this trp.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Tania
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Off and on.Does yours radiate into the hip area and bother your legs?Just wondering.Thanks,
    Tracey
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been to the ER twice in the past couple of months with groin pain. I have had many tests done and they haven't been able to find anything wrong.

Maybe it is a trigger point like someone else here mentioned. Just to be on the safe side I would have it checked out, however. Sometimes we are inclined to pass everything off as part of these illnesses. Once in awhile it may be something else so we have to be careful.

My doctor told me that if it happens again, I have to go back to the ER. It was a 7 hour wait the last time! But he said severe pain of any kind can't be ignored and I have to go.

Good luck with this. Pepper
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

spinal stenosis impinging the nerves (in my case) and the doc took me outta work indefinitely. At this moment it is in my right groin, buttock, hip and thigh and I'd rate it an 8-9 on a scale of 0-10! This is with Oxycontin twice a day and three Oxy IR's today and three Soma, Ultram, two Lidoderm patches and Mobic.....does that tell you anything????? That's why I'm not asleep right now. Pure misery.......
    Love and empathy,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Severe groin pain was how I ended up being diagnosed with FMS. I woke up in the middle of the night in severe pain, telling my husband my ovary was bursting! He gave me a heating pad and eventually I was able to go back to sleep. I then went to my GYN who did an ultrasound. He said I was fine. So I went to my family doctor who sent me to a rheumy who diagnosed FMS. When I get pain, it's usually in the groin/hip area. It's my "weak spot". A few months ago I had pain again, and couldn't tell if it was FMS or something else. It turned out to be a urinary tract infection. After taking antibiotics, I still had pain. Had an ultrasound and they found a fibroid tumor. I had a hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. However, I still have FMS pain in the hip/groin area. If I were you, I would go to the doctor and get it checked out - don't assume it's FMS.
  9. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Hi there

Yes, a severe spasm in right groin from hip bone to pubic bone was the dramatic incident that seemed to set off everything else. Prior to that I'd been getting a pulling sensation in my upper right quadrant, by my ribs
    and constipation. Symptoms got dramatically worse
    after the groin spasm and migrated to my right shoulder and neck, then my right hip and lower back and right leg and right arm.

Some stretching has finally given some relief; relieved my ibs enormously when groin spasm was loosened. Wasn't aware how bad it was until a myotherapist stretched my right side and couldn't believe how the whole hip area was jammed up.

Still going through diagnostics to make sure it's not something else.

Good Luck
  10. JP

JP New Member

Boy do I know this one. I actually began a serious investigation with my health due to my groin pain. I discovered that I have hip disease and a whole lot more.

Hope you get some relief...check it out too...Jan
  11. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

wondering if it has something to do with posture, or the way I walk. It comes and goes and one of the most annoying aches I have. I thought it's something other than FM but it seems like many of us have it.
    Tania