Severe headache, low grade fever, Over a Week!!! Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by goldengoddess, Oct 20, 2008.

1. goldengoddess

goldengoddess New Member

Since about the 10th of this month I have been suffering a migraine like headache. I've been to the doctor 3 times, and the ER once yesterday. Not pregnant, don't have menengitis, been given tons of narcotics, in pill and shot form.... still have a temp of 99.5 and still have a migraine like pain.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm calling my doc again in the morning, I just don't have any ideas or the brain capacity to look. I'm hoping someone can help, I'm all but going crazy!

Way to start my new marriage!!! (2 wks now!!)
  2. angelinpain

angelinpain New Member

My best friend, my father, and the guy I'm dating all have had it...two are on the east coast one is on the west. Now I have it. None have lasted for as long as you but the symptoms are all the same. I would still see your doctor though it's probably just taking extra long to go through your system.
  3. goldengoddess

goldengoddess New Member

,,,meningitis spinal tap), pregnancy (urine and blood), sinus inflamation (CT scan). I've had a low grade fever, but nothing over 99.5 and some times it's normal.

Anyone else ever had severe migraine? Or pain like this in the head, which is throbbing, searing, and tingling at times, with sensitivity to light and sound.

Thanks,
    GG
  4. goldengoddess

goldengoddess New Member

Does any one get severe headache which lasts for days, weeks at a time? My doctor just finally said go home and get some rest. It's bothersome because it's another bout with something I can't explain.
  5. jole

jole Member

YES!!! As a matter of fact, this just happened to me. I couldn't imagine what was going on either. I've had migraines for years but they usually only last 2 days, 3 at the very most. When this on went on and on and on, I got worried. Like you, none of my meds did anything for the pain.

I have no insurance so didn't seek treatment. I mostly sat holding my head in my hands, 'cause it hurt too much to walk, lie down, etc. My hubby tried to help, but I just didn't want anyone around..no sound, no lights. If I ate, I was sick to my stomach, but had to eat a little with my meds.

Then about 2 weeks in, I developed a cold, chest congestion, etc. I was actually relieved to know I wasn't dying..LOL...although I still felt like it. Right now it's really tight in my chest and I'm still running a low grade temp, but trying to fight it. Think I'm going to have to give in and go to the doc though.

I think all of this is because our immune systems are so weak that they try to fight off the virus but are unable to, and it just takes us much longer to get it, longer to have it, and longer to get rid of it. What another person can get and recover from in 3-4 days seems to take me 3-4 weeks! No kidding!!

But a few years ago I never caught anything at all....could be around my grandkids when they were sick and I never ever caught it. I feel it all has to do with our immune systems.

I wish you the best, and hope you are feeling better soon. Those terrible headaches are the worst, and people who have never had a migraine can never understand the agony one goes through with them.

By the way, did they consider doing an MRI on you since it's been going on for so long?

Congrats on your new marriage...:) I wish you and hubby all the best! ****Jole****
  6. goldengoddess

goldengoddess New Member

And then I got this headache about 11 days into it. Maybe this is just from my weakened immune system. I'm tired though... tired of being in pain and tired.... such is this life though!