Severe Headaches/Vision Problems What dr. have you seen?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by livin4him, Jun 21, 2006.

1. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I am going to make an appt. with neurologist for this. Just wondering what types of doctors anyone else has seen for these?

I have always suffered with headaches, but lately this is new type of headache with visual disturbances also.

Also, have another kind that starts out in my jaw on either side and goes up to my temple. This one always feels better with an antibiotic. Went to 2 dentists and they could not find anything. It is weird. Trying to determine if sinuses or what.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
  2. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Great yes a nuero doc is the first step.
    They can do a MRI, and help you with your pain.
    I use Zogmic and fioricet. Some docs use topamaxeat mirgains. This way the nuro can check your eyes to see if you have any inflamation of the optic nerve.
    Best of Luck,
    Michelle
  3. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

Ironically enough you might have a nerve problem in your neck or 1st thoracic spine. I get severe headaches also and vision disturbances and was misdiagnosed and put on migraine medications with no improvement. I finally realized that I had 3 impinged nerves. One of the nerves that was affected controlled my vision. With regular adjustments the pain goes away and then comes back when my fibro attacks are particularly brutal. My eyesight has diminished from 20/20 to having to wear glasses full time...I have no idea what the actual difference is...I just know I can't even read street signs anymore.

There is a possibility you might also have migraines because usually there is a visual disturbance with migraines. I just wanted to save you a bit of time, just in case you find out that migraine meds don't work, you might have nerve damage.
  4. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

My gp also sent me to a neurologist because I had new types of headaches and visual disturbances. The tests he can do may help define what is causing the problems. He thought it might be MS but over time he changed his opinion to CFS.

I have also been through the dentist and the sinus senarios.

In my experience, if the pain is caused by sinus problems, the pain is in the front - i.e., over eyes, under eyes, rather than at the side.

Do you grind your jaws when you sleep? I did/do and the dentist make me a dental splint to sleep in. It helps.

Good luck.
  5. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I think. I had the recurring headaches with visual disturbances -- turned out to be migraines. That was many years ago, but I think it was a neurologist I saw.