severe headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susie, Oct 4, 2002.

1. susie

susie New Member

Has anyone had occipatalitis?I think I spelled it right.It's where your nerves effect the nerves in the brain and your head is real sore.So,sore you have severe headaches with the scalp so sore you can't stand the hair on your head?I've had injections in the base of the skull twice and I can't have anymore.The neurosurgeon wants to cut the nerves,so,I won't have any pain.Do you know what could happen if I don't have the nerves cut.He said I don't have to have the surgery,but thats his recommendation.I would just stay on medication.
  2. susie

susie New Member

Has anyone had occipatalitis?I think I spelled it right.It's where your nerves effect the nerves in the brain and your head is real sore.So,sore you have severe headaches with the scalp so sore you can't stand the hair on your head?I've had injections in the base of the skull twice and I can't have anymore.The neurosurgeon wants to cut the nerves,so,I won't have any pain.Do you know what could happen if I don't have the nerves cut.He said I don't have to have the surgery,but thats his recommendation.I would just stay on medication.
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

before i would let anyone cut my nerve at my neck. have you tried trigger point therapy. i am working on my neck right now because of horrific migraines and tension headaches. please do a search on the book, the trigger point therapy workbook.

i have a relative who had some type of "cutting" nerve at neck at one of the most highly recognized research hospitals in the world. that was 20 years ago. he is still in tremendous pain and disabled. i'm sure they have come a long way in 20 years, but still.....

good luck with whatever route you choose,
    warm regards, fibolady
  4. susie

susie New Member

Thanks for the book.I will check that out.Thats why I don't want the surgery.I'm afraid I'll have more pain in the neck and it will travel down my back.Thanks so much for the advice.
  5. motg

motg New Member

i have headachs like that sometime. I thought that I was the only one who had them.
    Barb
  6. susie

susie New Member

Then you know how bad they are.The shots worked,but the neuro said I had all I have or I would become dependent on them.Surgery is definately out.What do you do for them?I had my hair cut real short,but it's still hurts like you know what.
  7. susie

susie New Member

I have tried therapy and it costs a lot of money.When you first go it helps the first two weeks,then it becomes real painful and I have to stop.I guess I could go and try it anyway. Thanks a lot.