severe leg and hip pain

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by DavidTeer, Jan 19, 2004.

1. DavidTeer

DavidTeer New Member

I have severe leg and hip pain when I stand
    or walk very far. I don't think this is my siatica acting up because Even when sitting I get no relief. Also I have tingling sensation and constant throbbing mostly in right leg.
    I believe it is either lower extremity
    arteral desease ort artheritus.
    Do any of you have any input onthis?
    Thanks very much. Dave
  2. RedneckFemale

RedneckFemale New Member

Mine the doctors say is from my back.........they say its a disc pressing on a nerve.......sometimes I wonder if they know what they are talkin about.....but just thought id tell ya what mine is suppose ta be from..........hope ya get better........
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

to get a CAT scan of your lumbar spine. I have similar problems with low back/hip/leg pain and found out that I have many problems in my spine! I have spinal stenosis, degenerating disks, pinched nerves, herniated disks, and more.

Have a scan done, find out the real problem, and go from there. Good luck.
  4. lescribe

lescribe New Member

I started having severe pain in my left hip but thought it was my Fibro...It became so bad I could hardly walk...it was a different pain than sciatica ....was xrayed and have osteo so bad that docs are considering a hip repalcement and I am only 48..... they have me on Ultram and Bextra but that is barly helping anymore...I have pain in most of my joints and it radiates down my leg too...you really do need tests asap before there is permenant damage.. unfortunately my ex had me dropped from our insurance so I am going w/out proper treatment. If you have the resources, have it checked out.....now.....good luck!! :)
  5. DavidTeer

DavidTeer New Member

I went to the dr today and he showed the lumbar exrays to me. He said I have a herniated disc at l5 and also osteo in that area but still no explanation on the leg tingling. He gave me lodine and flexeril and prescribe 4 weeks of pt if that doesn't work then he will re evaluate me. thanks for your input
  6. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

That's how mine started and it kept getting worse. Numbness in my leg and pain all the way down my back side to the bottom of my foot. I have 2 bulging discs and some arthritis in that area. I am doing physical therapy for it now and it is helping some. I would suggest getting an x=ray, possibly from a chiropractor.
    tlc8858