Severe Lower back pain unable to sit stand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by darude, Dec 8, 2004.

1. darude

darude New Member

Anyone had this and i had Cat scan and they have found something dont know what yet!
  2. nsaygoodbye1977

nsaygoodbye1977 New Member

I'm off today to see my Rheumy and possibly get shots in my lower back and hips. Hopefully I won't have to get shots!!! I HATE NEEDLES!!!!! No med's have helped with the pain and my chiropractor says there's nothing else he can do. How frustrating!!

Hope you feel well soon.......please let me know what your CT scan shows.

Hugs,
    Eva
  3. lana33

lana33 New Member

I know your pain too. I have chronic low back pain that is only relieved when I am lying in bed at a tilt. Have to be in semi-sitting position at all times.

I start to hurt if I walk or stand more than 10-15 minutes at a time. Then I can't sit in a staight back chair because the same thing happens.

I was dx with degenerative disc disease right after being diagnosed with fm. I hurt all over ea day. But I am most careful how I treat my back cause one wrong move can cause me severe pain.

I wear a duragesic patch at all times, changing every 2 days like a lot of others here.

I find that has been my best option so far. I was told by my doc that he would like to try the injections to my back but so far he has not pressured me to have it done and contiues to give me the pain meds.

Hope you can get something that helps your pain to be more bearable.

Hugs,
    Lana
  4. darude

darude New Member

It has been two weeks since had done!! Think will be having cortisone shots! Wish me luck tomorrow!
  5. darude

darude New Member

It has been two weeks since had done!! Think will be having cortisone shots! Wish me luck tomorrow!
  6. darude

darude New Member

You a doc what kind!
  7. darude

darude New Member

Will let you know what my back problem is when i find out tomorrow and see what they recommend.
  8. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Can't stand or walk for long - causes serious stiffness and pain in back and buttocks/hips. Sitting on a hard chair is the same as well as feelings of pressure in my torso. Sitting upright makes me feel like I am being strangled inside and whole back kills with pain. Also severe burning pain in shouders when overdo. The sitting and standing problems seem to be related to load bearing as if I sit on something that "spreads" my weight like a foam cushion it is not so bad. Does this sound like you? I have never heard of anyone else with these problems and they are the worst bit of my illness.

Love Bunchy xxx
  9. darude

darude New Member

Please see CT scan post maybe you could explain to me thanks
  10. darude

darude New Member

Check out this is what i found out today
  11. darude

darude New Member

Check out this is what i found out today
  12. lana33

lana33 New Member

I know just what u mean. I think my lower back problems is right now the most debilitating. That was what made me know I couldn't work any longer.

I already had the arthritis pain and the fibro pain before I stopped working. I had the back pain but it was under control.

Now my back decides if I do anything minimal from one day to the next.

I have noticed that the pillows behind my back help a lot and also I keep my legs elevated. I have pain in both legs but the pressure is relieved from my back when I do this also.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

HUgs,
    Lana
  13. darude

darude New Member

Found out this is causing mine!!!