Severe pain in both wrists 24/7???Any one else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KathyM, Jan 16, 2003.

1. KathyM

KathyM New Member

Hi, I was diagnosed in 2000 w/fibro,osteoarthritis,and mps. My wrists have been hurting for the past two months almost non stop. At moments it is so severe that I must stop what ever I am doing; be it washing dishes, driving (of course I'm most concerned about driving) I'm doing much less of my daily activities. This pain is different than the pain I have had for the past few years. It's as if I can no longer use my hands at times. Even when just lying still or doing nothing my hands will just start throbbing. I also have noticed my nuckles are always red (index finger's mostly) I have just assumed it's the osteo. Lab tests have always been normal for RA. Any input would be appreciated. I will be seeing my rheumatologist soon, and of course I will have "wrist pain" at the top of my list.
    Take Care, Kathy
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

for carpal tunnel syndrome? Could be that. I have that + arthritis + FMS, my hands and wrists hurt all the time. If your Dr. doesn't suggest it could be CTS, then you should bring it up, IMO.

Karen
  3. basket21

basket21 New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your wrists. Problems just seem to be added on, eh?
    I had the same problem. Ihad been off work for 6 years by then so it's not something I got cuz of work, nor did I have a computer to type on all day.
    I got diagnosed with carpal tunnel. I never thought it could happen 6 years later. Now I see it listed in the "side effects"
    of FM. Side effects doesn't cover the pain we go through. The neurologist hooked up my wrists separately to a machine and he diagnosed it. He also said to get cut by a plastic surgeon as he would do a better job. He was right. You would never know. Just something to think about.......basket21
    ps. they do not do 2 wrists at one time to get it over with.