SEVERE pain in shoulder blade

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Jul 14, 2003.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I suffer from awful pain in my right shoulder blade and have done since i had an op 4 years ago which made my fibro severe.I have osteoarthritis in most of my joints now but this is the worst pain. It makes me feel like vomiting its so bad.Its i:eek:5 am here in uk and ive had to get up out of bed cos i feel like screamimg with it.
    Sprayed radion-b for muscular pain but no relief.Its from shoulder right down arms to fingers now
    Anyone else have this sickly pain??
    what can i do to relieve it?
    RENA UK
  2. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i don;t know about what else to do..have you tried the standard heat? i'm sure you have. do you have pain meds? what's radion-b..we have stuff here called ben-gay, heat etc..like a mentholadum type stuff that helps.

i get severe pain between my shoulder blades...in the muscle part..spasm type and take muscle relaxers (they hardly work) and use that rub stuff and heating pad. help but never actually takes it away.

saying a prayer for you
    take care
    alice
  3. RedB

RedB New Member

Neurontin has been my lifesaver. Another person on her just a day or so ago commented about the same thing.

My left shoulder blade drives me nuts with continual pain. I can work the trigger points out, but they come back almost immediately after I've been sitting.

Neurontin has almost completely eliminated this pain.

Kathy
  4. healing

healing New Member

Rena, have you considered that you could have spinal involvement? I get this kind of radiating pain from degenerated disks in my neck -- the giveaway for the docs is the pain that goes down to my fingertips.

If your pain is this bad, you really should find out exactly why. Perhaps you already know; you didn't say. It sure doesn't sound like muscle pain to me. Perhaps hot bath soaks?

Hope it gets better soon....
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This sounds like classic degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine, with right radiculopathy.
    I have the same thing, only with left radiculopathy.
    They tried to talk me into surgery but I insisted on physcial therapy instead and am 95% better now, as long as I do my phys. therapy exercises faithfully every other day.
    My shoulder blade pain was so bad I could hardly breathe, and now it is gone.
    You want to get this dx'd and treated soon, before it ends up pinching a nerve. All you need are regular x-rays of your neck, unless you decide on surgery...then they'll do an MRI. I am afraid of spinal surgery since I've seen too many people with disastrous results from it, so I strongly urge you to try physical therapy first.
    Klutzo
  6. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

i do have osteo in 6th and 7th vetabrae at top of spine and damaged my coccyx 22 years ago and was told bottom of my spine is compacting.Ijust thought pain in shoulder was due to my fibro so i will go to my doc and ask for something for it.thanx for info.
    RENA UK