Severe pelvic pain/bladder/vagina pain.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by juliejo, Dec 1, 2009.

1. juliejo

juliejo New Member

I havent posted here for a while but need some help please and advice.
    I have severe lower pelvic pain and pressure on the bladder and constantly need the loo. I also very sore inside and outside down below.

I saw my Doctor last week who said i had a mild urine infection and gave me antibiotics which have now set my IBS off and given me severe diarrhea.

I havent felt this ill for years and never had such awful pains. I think it is fibro related but my Doctor is useless. I was also given a pessary to insert and the pain next day was so bad i rang my Doctor again to be told i reacted to that.

Does anyone else suffer from alot of pelvic pain with FM. Oh i also have CFS/ME as well and a the moment extremely sick and fed up.

Any advice most appreciated.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Please make sure they run gonorrhea and chlamydia tests on you. They cause that pain.

The early years of my being sick, I suffered from terrible gynecological problems. I was even in the hospital for it. PID, Pelvic inflammatory. They put me on IV antibiotics for it.

It just seemed the lovely disease we have attacked that whole area. A few years later, I never got that again. I think time is the only thing that gets rid of that pain and suffering with that area. But please make sure they test you for all bacterial diseases.
  3. loto

loto Member

I don't know if you still have your ovaries, but I recently have had pain down below also!

Turns out I didn't have any sort of infection, but a 6 cm functioning cyst on my right ovary! It's so big it's putting pressure everywhere, including my bladder, and I had sharp pains when I'd go pee, and would pee all the time. Found this out by getting an ultrasound.
    Anyway, right now we're playing the waiting game, hoping it will shrink down on its own.

That may be a thought also, if you do have ovaries and the antibiotic doesn't take care of it all.

4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

julie im so sorry to hear how much you are suffering you arent alone ive had serious pelvic pain for 13 years since i was dx with Cfs & Fibro in september 96.
    I just thought it was caused by severe Pre menstrual tension or Fibro i may be wrong im just trying to help you honey.
    I really hope we get some advice on this very soon then we can get some much needed relief.
    Very gentle hugs (((((((( for you.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Take care.
  5. simonedb

simonedb Member

I got cfs after a surgery 20 yrs ago and started getting cysts in ovaries etc and awful pain that sent me to er
    what got rid of it was-
    no coffee or colas
    acupuncture and herbs

ultrasound before and after showed after the alt treatment the cysts were gone as was the pain
    cola was the devil w/it.....
  6. singingirl

singingirl New Member

I have pain like you describe, and also on the end of my tailbone. My pain management doctor sent me to a ob/gyn that also specializes in fibro, and he found that I have a trigger point on my pelvic floor. I was taking trigger point injections until 3 weeks ago when I had the botox, and there is no way I could ever let them give me a trigger point injection there. =(
  7. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I heard that cystitis is common with FM females.. it may be the problem if dr hasnt already ruled it out
  8. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

Oh, this is the worst!!! The pain can be unbelievable! I had this problem during/after chemotherapy and the following were all important:

1. low oxalate diet (I cringe when people suggest cranberry for this problem....PAIN!)
    2. sub-clinical dose of antidepressants for pain management
    3. stretches/relaxation

I feel like the oxalates continue to be very important...when I eat high-oxalate foods, the symptoms start to return....

I really, really, really feel for you!!!!!!

I should add a fourth thing and that is to have very little fluctuation of hormones..since I've had my ovaries removed, this is easy for me..might not work for you.[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2009]
  9. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

There is a book called A Headache in the Pelvis...very helpful.
  10. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

How are you doing??