severe systemic candida

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Sep 6, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Which of course today I am convinced is the underlying problem for this DD. Please tell me what to expect, I am going this am to get prima defense, how long will it be difficult & what exactly can I expect?????? Is this why my stool smells so horrible??

Please help!!!

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Which of course today I am convinced is the underlying problem for this DD. Please tell me what to expect, I am going this am to get prima defense, how long will it be difficult & what exactly can I expect?????? Is this why my stool smells so horrible??

Please help!!!

Jaci
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

This candida stuff is deadly. The overgrowth attacks vital organs, with fatal consequences.

My Dr gave me 2 days of diflucan, what happened to me was I was seriously eliminating, and (have to be blunt here, sorry) my stool was white, puffy, greasy, like it was the actual yeast, is this the die off? I have a whole lot of it but I have a feeling I am in for a lot more, I just today started on Primal Defense, apparantly you work up to 12 tablets per day.

What am I facing in terms of elimination......pain????

I just want to be prepared so I don't panic, I do that easily. I did a search on the net for candiasis and it was very scary.

Jaci
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2002]
  4. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

.....count yourself lucky. That puts you miles ahead of me. I believe I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Thirty years ago I was told that perhaps my fatigue was due to having candida throughout my body so I went looking for a doctor who would check it out. I have the discharge and everything, but doctors don't care. They've been told that candida is no big thing. Occasionally if I test positive they'll give me something to treat it in one small area, but refuse to think that it could be throughout my body. Whenever I tried a sugarfree diet I felt sooo much better, but I felt I needed the nystatin to feel really well. What gets me is that I developed end stage edometriosis and lost all my reproductive organs. The Endometriosis Assoc. has recently very strongly recommmended treating endometriosis by following an anticandida program (along with a couple other treatments). Needless to say if I had been taken seriously thirty years ago who knows, maybe I would not have developed such a severe case of endometriosis and could have avoided the surgery..... The doctors need to wake up.
    Sorry to hear you are so ill from candida, but glad that your doctor is monitoring it carefully and agressively treating it. I hope the doctor is able to give you the help you need. Someone on this board recommended that I read the book "Solving the Puzzle of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." It talked alot about candida and how clearing it up was key to getting well. Don't know if you have CFS or FM. You might want to check out this book. (An excellent read but doesn't do any good though if like me you can't get doctors to help.)
    Most people who have been through an anticandida treatment program will say that it can initially be awful as the yeast is killed and removed (cleansed) from your system, but they later feel it was worth it.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2002]
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My doc is not involved in this, he did give me diflucan which started the "die off" process but I have done my own research, there is a lot of it on the web, I have got every single indication of candida in my entire system, I see my doc on Monday & I will tell him what I am doing, I started today on Primal Defense, I understand it is the only thorough treatment out there that does not harm organs, apparantly DR rx affect immune system. organs, etc, thus the catch-22 of this viscous cycle, I found really good info from people who have been thru it, type in candidiasis in www.dogpile.com, you will find the answers too, Good luck.

Jaci
  6. SharonR

SharonR New Member

After reading your post I realized why I could not function today, went into the bathroom, stuck out my tongue, and there it was. My eyes are bloodshot, I look real cute!
    Went to the fridge and pulled out my little bacterial friends, the only acid I take.
    Why I can't remember to take them reg I don't know!
    Sorry you have such a problem, hope it eases.
    But thanks for reminding me.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  7. ldramjet

ldramjet New Member

Hi Jaci,

I have been on Diflucan for almost six months and have noticed a big difference in how I feel. My doc has been monitoring me while taking it but I have found that it has really helped my energy level. My doc doesn't understand why, but I do for sure. After having thrush again and again she has been treating me this way. We are trying to avoid amphotericin because I definitely have a fungal infection in my body.

LoriR
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Anyone use Mycelex Troches (lozengers) for thrush?
    I wonder if this has a systemic effect since you are swallowing the medicine?
    Tania