Severe UTI with Bleeding

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Mar 25, 2010.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has ever had a urinary tract infection with bleeding? I recently had one with the usual having to urinate frequently, burning really bad pain,but with this one I had noticeable bleeding like a light period. I was put on cipro and that took care of it but because the bleeding my dr wants me to go to a uroligist sp?? to have my bladder, uters sp?? and kidneys checked maybe a scope, biopsy and and I think she said a MRI. The infection responded to the antibiotic . Now she has me worried. I just wondered if any of my fibro friends have had anything like this or have any advice for me? I had an infection just like this almost a year to the day last year. God bless and gentle hugs. Becky
  2. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have had kidney/bladder/ureter/uti issues ever since I was 6 days old. I have 3 kidneys and 4 ureters (I know I'm a freak). Anyhow, I had surgery when I was 6, which helped, but if I ever have problems I have to go to the dr right away. I have had kidney stones that kept me in bed and on morphine for 2 weeks. I almost lost my life and my son when I was pregnant due to kidney failure. I have urinated blood more than anyone would like to know. Anything having to do with the urinary tract is very important to get treated right away. I recommend finding an older urologist who has served in the military. They have seen everything and come well prepared. If you live in CO I can recommend a wonderful group of drs. Please don't let this go and get yourself checked out right away. I can tell you from experience, that putting this off will make you worse off in the long run.

Good luck.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i have had several uti's over the years. only one time did i bleed with one. it scared the bejesus
    outta me.
    get on abx pronto, and drink plenty of fluids to flush all that trash out of your kidneys. it wouldnt hurt to get a mri or an ultrasound of your kidneys, just to see whats goin on.
    but i;d skip the contrast they shoot in you, to me that just isnt good for your kidneys anyways.
    Just my opinion!
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I have had severe bladder and/or kidney infections with bleeding.

Some have been caused by the severity of the infection.

However, bleeding with symptoms of a severe UTI can also be caused by KIDNEY STONES! I have had 5 episodes of kidney stones, and some of them (but not all of them), I have seen blood in my urine.
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Was admitted to the hospital and had a cyto...but nothing but an infection.

They loaded me up with so many antibiotics that I got the worse yeast infect.
    Would suggest probiotics. Walmart/drugstores have good ones.

Good luck to you!!!