Severe Vitamin D Deficiency Causes Muscle Weakness and Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, May 1, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi All,
    Just wanted to update everyone on how I'm getting better with my CFS/FM of 22 years. I've already written about my reverse therapy and coconut oil which have been helping me feel better.

I've suffered for over 10 years with severe muscle weakness and painful shoulder joint pain and severe breathing problems. My endocrinologist found out that I have a severe Vitamin D deficiency with blood tests. Now I'm taking 2,000 international units of Vitamin D a day for the past two weeks and my shoulder joint pain of fibromyalgia is greatly reduced, my breathing is much better, and I don't feel tired when I get up every morning. I'm so excited about Vitamin D. I'm using the Vitamin D from CVS that comes in a small white bottle and I couldn't be happier. Soon I will be retested with a Vitamin D blood test to check if my D levels are okay.

Have A Great Day!

Love, Jasmine
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You were tested to find the deficiency. Then you go on the supplement and feel better. Soon you'll be tested again. This is the way to do something like that.

I see an endocrinologist and I hope have him test my iron and B-12 the next time I have blood drawn for the liver panel, A1c, and other tests he does every 3 months.

I just started, today, back on my CoQ10, and so far so good. My endocrinologist knows I'm on this. I buy my supplements from the Pro Health Store, though, as they have a wide variety of different doses and I like that.

Glad you are feeling better and I wanted to bump this to the top of the page so more people could read this.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for posting this. I'm glad it's helping you so much.

Love, Mikie
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

So nice to read that you are getting better, hope your treatment continues to work for you.
    Miss your posting here, but I have dropped by your place, so I know how busy you are.

My Rhuemotoligst, told me I should start on some Vit. D as it was low, on my last test's.
    I can't find anything that will not upset my stomach.
    I am thinking, of trying thoes, that are made with chocolate, so even if I get a tummy ache it would be worth it, lol.

Contuined Good Health,

Hug's,
    sharonk
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Between us avoiding the sun and this disease???

As most of the D we need comes from sunlight? Does it? I think maybe.

I know years ago they used to have sunshine schools for kids with rickets due to lack of Vit D.

We all get a lot less sun due to skin cancer due to thinning of the ozone layer.

I wonder if this could be a possible cause?

Love Anne C
  6. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello All!
    Hope you're all feeling good. The best part of Vitamin D is that I don't wake up feeling exhausted. I am taking the D3 version which is supposed to be more effective than the D2. I have been bedridden and housebound for a decade so I know I don't get much sunshine plus I worry about skin cancer. Also my father had rickets as a child plus both my parents have osteoporosis. I think Vitamin D deficiency runs in my immediate family.

A special hello to Mikie and Sharon. Hope you both are doing really well!

Love, Jasmine
  7. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Bumping up for all to read!
  8. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

for Jasmine's Informative post