Severe Weather Anxiety issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fowlerfab522, Apr 13, 2006.

1. fowlerfab522

fowlerfab522 New Member

One of the things that cause me alot of anxiety is severe weather. I was just wondering if it is me or other people have this?
  2. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

When we have strong weather ( in my case it doesn't even have to be SEVERE weather!) the stiffness and pain in my joints increase, my pain goes up, sometimes I get sooo tired I can't keep my eyes open. Haven't you ever heard an elderly person say " We must be expecting rain because my knee or whatever is hurting?" When I was little I heard my grand parents say that and I couldn't understand how they knew that. Well, I finally understand how they felt.

I live in northwest florida and last year with all those hurricanes heading our direction, I finally had to go to my home state of Kentucky and visit my family so I wouldn't have to be in so much pain from all those pressure changes.

Sorry that story was a little silly, i think I have brain fog setting in tonight!!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Oh no you aren't alone! We had some pretty rough tornadoes in my neck of the woods last week!

My husband, son, our two dogs, two cats and myself were all crammed into our laundry room praying we weren't going to get blown away.

All I could think about was a tornado ripping through our house and yanking my son out of my arms. Eventually I strapped him into his carseat thinking if he did get blown away he would have something to protect him (?).

Anyway I completely understand where you are coming from. I think about weather a lot. Thank goodness I don't live in an earthquake zone. I mean I kind of do but not really. We live just off of a major fault line from Memphis so who knows.

I think if I lived where earthquakes were I would seriously need to be put away. The thought of the ground swallowing me up terrifies me. Of course a giant wind tunnel sucking me away scares me too.

Darn it, I am just scared of weather! LOL

kate
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

storms use to bother me.last night we had tornado watch but I just went to bad and prayed the 91st psalm. and then I say storm. you are not to come near my home and property.
    In the name of Jesus and then I went to sleep and it was hailing out. I live in a wooded area and there are many trees, it use to really scare me.I just take authority over it. but I do think when a storm front is comming in it makes me have more pain. hope that helps someone. hugs Sixtyslady
  5. trevorandamanda

trevorandamanda New Member

They make me nervous too....I am a weather freak - that's what my family says!

Kate - when we have tornado warnings I use to get the front baby carrier out and hook her onto me...I figured I needed an extra something holding onto her (she's 2 and petite and I'd still do it if there was a threat of a tornado). Just an idea from my line of maddness! :)

~Amanda

6. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I thought where I lived before was bad. Wind, rain, snow, falling trees, lake-effect storms, ad nauseum.

If only I had it so lucky now! I moved 'upstate' to mid-Michigan -- to a very flat area! I don't even have a tree. The wind whips us back and forth, the ice pounds on our windows threatening to break them, snow buries us in, trees fall down and knock out power!

Did I mention I almost got pistol-whipped in the face by a cable flying on the wind?

I've literally thought about bungee-cording ourselves to the floor, but I thought it might scare my son too much.

In the meantime, entertainment centers ARE bungee-corded to the wall. Shelving IS claw-hooked to the wall. Glass? What glass? I have a few glasses in a cupboard, otherwise, I DON'T BUY GLASS!

LOL! I'm not afraid of the weather. Me? No way, not me.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2006]