SEX Drive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mshonda400ex, Dec 12, 2006.

1. mshonda400ex

mshonda400ex New Member

I noticed that about the time that I officially started having FMS symptoms that I also lost my sex drive. Before my husband and I had a healthy active sex life. Now sex is few and far between. I just have no desire and feel that it will take too much out of me. Has anyone else found that FMS might be linked to loss of sex drive? IF so what can help??? Thanks!
  2. homesheba

homesheba New Member

with me it comes and goes. mostly goes.
    and too tired to do anything about it
    so i wait it out till it goes again...sigh.
  3. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

What drive. I haven't had a good sex drive for years now.
    At first I hurt to much to be touched at all. Every once in a while I'll have a drive but then it goes away again. My dc tried to put me a birth control hoping that would have enough hormones to help. It didn't. she didn't what to put me on horomones because of other female problems I have. I've also started going throught "the change" and THAT HASN'T HELP AT ALL!!!!
    Sorry I wasn't more help, but at least you know your not alone!
  4. decrepitoldoot

decrepitoldoot New Member

I'm among the group that has found the wonderful world of forced-celibacy thanks to the drive that for the most part must have driven off.
    I'm just thankful I still can remember what it was like.
    You're not alone.
    Hang in there.
    Frank
  5. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Sometimes I seem to want it, in my mind, but my body says something else...as in too tired, or hurt too much.

Then I have my poor husband, who is wonderful bless his heart, who knows how much pain I am in so he doesn't initiate because he doesn't want to cause me more pain (or probably have me fall asleep during sex).

Then we always have that obstacle of three teenage boys in the house so sometimes opportunity seems to be an issue.

And we are BOTH in too much pain to do it in the car or well pretty much anywhere else BUT the bed! (Sheezzz at 45 and 48 that seems so sad)

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie

6. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I don't have the libido I once had...I don't have the energy to initiate even when the thought does cross my mind..and the pain and stiffness I have make it difficult as well.
    So, another thing that I feel like I have lost due to FMS.
    :-(
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Between the FM and all the medications I am on I have 0 sex drive left. My poor husband deals with that and the few and far between sex that does happen. And he never complians. I feel really bad about it though...I am only 31 and he is only 23.
  8. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My CFS is caused, in part, by Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalo Virus. My wife has it too, but her lab number are a lot lower. Yes, the libido has been crushed in both of us.

My testoterone level is low. My wife's is actually too high. Testosterone induces sex drive in women...it's produced by the adrenal glands. Men normally have 6X higher levels, hence our insatiable desire...well until CFS hit us.

I have ED too. The doc doesn't think that its a circulatory problem but depression. My neurologist gave me scripts for every anti-depressant. Crap, they lower libido and none of them helped the ED.

I don't want to try ED meds, the side effects along with my CFS are too much right now.

Any ideas? Theories? Successes?

Anyone get over CFS and WOW, the libido is back???
  9. whats that? I'm with Iowamorningglory My Get up and go, got up and went . It has left the building.
  10. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

My sex drive has actually been higher--which is really frustrating as you can imagine, since I've been so incredible ill this year.

CFS 6 1/2 years -- 25 years old
  11. Catseye

Catseye Member

When I was at my worst and I had a dream where I got sexually excited, it would drain every last bit of energy out of me and I'd wake up in a horrible state: shaky, palpitations. . . like I crashed. It also would happen if I dreamed I was being active like running or climbing or riding a bike. Anybody else crash just from dreaming?

karen
  12. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Whats a sex drive ?? LOL
  13. yjswan

yjswan New Member

I'm with the majority...lost my sex drive when I developed FMS symptoms, mostly because I don't want to be touched all that much and I'm too tired to even think about it. Sometimes, I mentally think I would like to indulge, but my body disagrees! It's all for the best though, I guess, because my hubby lost his sex drive before I did after he went on hypertensive meds, so we go together well

We both miss the closeness though...I never thought we'd be all done with sex at 50. So sad for all of us.
  14. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

It is really good to know about those meds. I will definitely paste those in my ever growing informational word documents. I have learned so much in the last year from everyone.

The worst part....I don't even take any of those drugs! I would hate to see what my sex drive would be like if I did.

I guess just having the FM itself has chased that ol sex drive away.

"Maybe it is just hiding", Or hey, maybe thats what I could wish for for Christmas!

Do you think you can order one of those on Ebay! Can you just see the search now...I wonder what category I would look under? Hmmmmm...the worst part..I bet someone actually would have one for sale! How would you ship it? I wouldn't have the patience for media mail, probably have to express it.

I bet it wouldn't go for as much as the Xbox 360 did!

Okay...enough...just the thought has me giggling. I hope others enjoy my rambling. :)

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  15. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Hi honey.

I do think that FMS has a direct link on the sex drive. I mean, how in the world are we supposed to get in the mood when our bodies are NOT cooperating?! hehehe

I guess that there are things that we have to do to get the drive up.

For one, ask you hubby to give you a nice soft rubdown, take some pain meds, or have a nice glass of wine, then play some sexy music in the background. Make sure that all distractions are gone.

For me, this helps to get me in the mood.

And if all else fails, just start and get into it; you may find that you are into it WHILE it is happening. It's the revving up that is hard.

xoxo

K