Shaken - Re: Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Toga, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Toga

Toga Member

Hi Leslie,

You asked about how I'm doing on Cymbalta. I am on 90 mg a day. The Rx said, 1 pill (30mg) 3 times per day. But I couldn't remember the lunch one, so I take one in the a.m. and 2 in the p.m.

The pain is a lot better most days. I do have more pain when I try to do more which has been often lately. But I can't say much for help with the fatigue.

I get so tired sometimes it lasts all day and then I get a short burst of energy in the evening. I haven't been able to nap much lately.

As I told the list, we've moved in with the house somewhat unfinished. There's always someone here. Today the Mirror guy woke me up from a nap.

Also, I'm not getting as much sleep at night. I go to sleep all right but wake up about 5 hours later. It used to be 7 hours, then 6, now 5. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it. The first one I see anyway. I may call one of them if it gets any worse.

This might be the reason for the fatigue. I need to get on some kind of a schedule.

Leslie, I'm sorry about the pulled muscles. I think when this happens, we keep re-injuring ourselves because we keep using that muscle. The only cure is rest or restriction.

I have a wrist I keep re-hurting. Sometimes I remember to put a wrist band on it and it helps.

Got to go for now. I've missed everyone. I'll be back when I get that new email address.

I like the way the little icons on moving now, especially that worm. Whoever thought of that, it was a good idea.

Get well everyone and stay warm this winter.

Toga
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Bumping for Leslie ...

I didn't realize that this was a personal message to Leslie, so sorry for intruding!

But I'm on 60 mg/day of Cymbalta .... and if I took 90 mg like you are, I would be asleep in the chair all day long!!

I had to divide my 60 mg up -- I take a 30 mg capsule in the morning and the other 30 mg capsule at bedtime. That way, I'm not sleepy during the daytime!

Hugs,
    Janet
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

It peps me up more than make me tired. It does help with pain.
  4. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I take 120mg of cymbalta it doesnt make me sleepy helps me with panic feelings but the pain from fibro still comes and goes.Although I do feel tired all of the time but that was happening before I started taking cymbalta.
    Roseylisa
  5. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I have been on 60 mg 30 in a.m. and 30 in p.m. for about 5 months My rheumatologist just sent me for metabolic profile to make sure the cymbalta isnt killing my liver hmmmmm...I dont seem to get the same effect from it but wont do anything until the results come back. It def doesnt make me drowsy or help me sleep so I may need to up the dose..the pain is still there also:(
  6. Tiger69

Tiger69 New Member

I take 1 60 mg capsule of Cymbalta in the mornings. It doesn't make me tired, but does help with the pain from the fibromyalgia. I still have some pain, but I've also just starting on neurontin 3 (300mg) capsules a day. Maybe this will help.

I think Cymbalta affects everyone different. My neighbor is taking 60mg (1 capsule) a day, too and the doctor told her to eat with it. We both go to the same doc, but she didn't tell me that I needed to eat with it. My neighbor is 66 years old and I am 36. Maybe this has something to do with being older.
  7. Toga

Toga Member

It is so intersting to hear all the different people that are on Cymbalta. I think, in general, it is helping people.

But some are tired from it and some have more energy. I think my problem right now is that I haven't been able to establish a shedule of some kind. My eating, napping, exercising, sleeping, etc. shedule is not what it was in my old house.

I'm always getting interruptions. I hope things will even out in a few weeks. And then there's the holidays and all that means. I want to do everything but I just can't.

I'm sorry if someone thought this was a personal message to Leslie. It was kind of because we have both been on a Milnacipran Drug Study and then switched to Cymbalta when the study was over. We have a lot in common. I believe we are close to the same age, etc.

She had asked me some questions in another thread so I wanted to make sure she saw mine.

I always want to hear how others are doing and am happy when I see my thread with some responses to it.

Thanks everyone, got to go to bed now. Hope I sleep a little longer tonight.

Toga

I forgot to say that I do believe Cymbalta has helped me very much with depression. I can handle most anything now without getting upset. That is very much a blessing.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2005]
  8. schaken

schaken New Member

Hi Toga and others,

I still have massive burning of the palms of my hands and feet. They seem to get worse as the weather gets colder. Pain is bearable.

Muscle spasms in the pulled muscle area have gone away for now. (Probably will pull them again.)

I take 60 mg of cymbalta 2xs daily. Take something(not ambien, BRAIN FOG) for sleep.

Tired all day. Sleep 6 to 7 hours straight at night. Then have to get up to use bathroom. I have over slept 3xs in the last week and my husband has kept me from being late to work.

Got to talk to my Dr about this. Will try and get in the base hospital to see her before Christmas.

Leslie
  9. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

BUMP, BUMP, BUMP
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2005]
  10. Toga

Toga Member

Sunshine, I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience with this drug. It sounds awful.

It has helped me. I'm doing pretty good. Just wish I had more energy and could sleep a little better.

I agree we have to do our own research and give careful consideration before we try something new. My doctor was conducting my Milnacipran Drug Study. He believes in and is willing to treat FM. I decided to trust that he would not give me something he thought would harm me.

I did well on Milnacipran. Cymbalta is the same two drug combination as Milnacipran with a different ratio.

But you can believe I will watch myself for any drastic changes. I did read your other thread and am glad you are doing better. I read everything I can about Cymbalta.

Right now I have an awful cold. My head feels like its going to explode.

Take care everyone.

Toga