shakes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jojojem, Nov 19, 2002.

1. jojojem

jojojem New Member

i just returned from my lawyers office for disability and was sitting there talking who there more like my friends and all of a sudden I started shaking inside.I only live a mile from my house and I actually didn't think i was going to make it home.I don't takeany painpills or anxiety pills except am and before I go to bed.Sometimes I will take aLortab for a breakthrough when i really hurt because I also have I.C.too.But that'smaybe twice a week. Does anybody know how to stop the shakes.when this disease first started effecting me I had these shakes and my doctors put me on propanal and altelenal.Any one have any ideas why this happened and what i can do for it until I talk to my doctor tommorow.I'm shaking like a leaf.I haven't done this in 3 years.thank you for any one that might have read this.
    I know we all have are problems.
  2. jojojem

jojojem New Member

i just returned from my lawyers office for disability and was sitting there talking who there more like my friends and all of a sudden I started shaking inside.I only live a mile from my house and I actually didn't think i was going to make it home.I don't takeany painpills or anxiety pills except am and before I go to bed.Sometimes I will take aLortab for a breakthrough when i really hurt because I also have I.C.too.But that'smaybe twice a week. Does anybody know how to stop the shakes.when this disease first started effecting me I had these shakes and my doctors put me on propanal and altelenal.Any one have any ideas why this happened and what i can do for it until I talk to my doctor tommorow.I'm shaking like a leaf.I haven't done this in 3 years.thank you for any one that might have read this.
    I know we all have are problems.
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

from the minute I wake up until I go to bed. This has only started recently. I feel like I've had 10 pots of coffee and I don't even drink the stuff. I avoid caffeine all together. I asked the doc and she has adjusted some of my meds. Unfortunately, it will take a week for the effects to take hold (if they even do). I also experience severe dizziness and a racing heart with this. I don't think they really know what is happening or why. Ahh, the practice of medicine...

What to do for it? I haven't the foggiest idea. Nothing I've tried seems to help.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. At least you're not alone. Lisa
  4. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

Welcome i think i missed your first post.I get the shakes when undre great stress. The first time was when i found out my father was sick with ALS it started in my tummy, and spread to my hole body.

Hope you feel better soon stephanie.
  5. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

is what it is. Do not look for a reasonable cause. There doesn't have to be an explanation for why you are shaking right now; other than your messed up body chemistry. You need Xanax or something similar. Just get it for times like this, same as your Lortab. Once again people are scared to death of addiction! Just try it.
  6. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Last year I got the shakes real bad. I though it was my thyroid because my TSH was very low indicating hyperthyroid but all the other levels are normal---strange. Anyway the cardiologist said my ANS system (autonomic nervous system) is very hypersensitive. He put me on a small dose of a beta blocker and this solved the problem. I take a dot of Toporol XL. Can anyone tell me what ALS disorder is?
    Tania