Shaking Chills & Night Sweats ALL night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

Need your imput - am having horrific symptom (ontop of all other ME/CFS/FM symptoms for 15 yrs) of shaking chills alternating with night sweats every 10 minutes or so ALL night long. By morning my chest aches and I am exhausted - no sleep either - total insomnia.

When I am chilled I can't get warm and the heat starts right ontop of the chills and on it goes back and forth- arghhhhh. I end up in tears all night.

So what is this? Anyone else experience this?

Really beside myself - so please, any imput I would be sooo grateful for.

I had a fever for 5 yrs and now that is only periodic. I am in The Cleveland Clinic Health System - so you can imagine what they say - that I'm just nutty or its anxiety - so ridiculous - you know the look from the doctor...

Any thanks so much and God Bless,

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Leah!!!!

You are so sweet...I am so grateful for your well wishes, so thoughtful.

So great to hear from you!!!!

Talk to you soon!

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That sounds very rough - I'm so sorry you're going through that on top of everything else!

I have no idea what's going on with you, but will suggest what I suggest to everyone who gets no help from their regular docs (which seems to be just about everyone on this board) - if at all possible go see a naturopath or integrative medicine doctor, who will do more tests than the standard stuff and also tend to believe you more. But I know they are not covered by a lot of insurance and it can be difficult to pay out of pocket.

One other alternative, which has helped me a lot and is relatively cheap, is to see a competent chiropractor who does muscle testing. You would be surprised at the stuff they can pick up with muscle testing. And it is much cheaper than paying out of pocket for a regular doctor. Mine has helped me many times when the regular docs were clueless. One way to find such a chiropractor is to go to the Standard Process website (they make a lot of the products used by chiros) and their customer service line will give you the names of practitioners in your area who use their products.

I hope you get some help soon!

Take care -

4. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Mary,

You have always been such as great help to me. Thank you so much!

Those are two great suggestions - there is a naturopath locally - but he cant do any tests - maybe I need to explore my area again in case there are new alt/integrative doctors.

My Mom has a great chiropractor that she really likes - I saw her a couple times too - but maybe I should rethink going back too.

I get really down about the suffering and "stuckness" and am really adverse to doctors because of such terrible experiences in the past and them not helping or even trying...its impacted me greatly.

So thank-you for the boost...and new ideas to explore and for being so kind to respond!!!!

God Bless,

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry you are suffering like that.

It is possible that you have chronic Babesiosis, along with other chronic infections.You could also have acute babesiosis.

Most Dr's would never recognize this.

Please read the symptom information for Babesia infection on pages 22-24, 26-27 of this paper:

There is a comprehensive symptom checklist for these infections on pages 9-11.

Saying a prayer for you to get answers and recover.

[This Message was Edited on 03/28/2012]
  6. luigi21

luigi21 Member

hi Elisa

have you ever taken your temperature at night? does it drop. below 36.5. Just that i had similar symptoms when mine does. mine is fibro related. but get your thyroid checked, and sugar levels, some people get them symptoms with diabetes, or an imbalance of drop in sugar levels, do you wake and crave sugar?

check with gp

all the best
  7. Elisa

Elisa Member

Thank you so so much for all your kindnesses and caring.

It makes such a difference hearing from others who truly understand.

After all these years with this illness - I am still baffled and frustrated and I think inside, pretty angry...

I think I thought somehow I would figure it out or at least know how to comfort myself. But just when I think I can "Handle it" the whole thing changes again...

I know you all understand.

I still pray everynight at 9:00 PM for all of us - on FB the page is called the Daily Worldwide Prayers for ME/CFS/FM - its a one minute group prayer - praying for a cause or cure or both and for all those suffering - asking God to help to diminish the pain and suffering...

Anyway, you guys will never know how much it means to me to hear from others like me - I spend weeks and months without seeing anyone and spend so much time either sleeping or trying to...and the balance of time trying to survive.

So thanks again everyone!

8. kch64

kch64 New Member

Are you in the age range to start menopause? Also, I had a bowel infection that was very low grade. I would have similar symptoms. Hang in there.