shaking in the legs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snlittlered, Dec 3, 2009.

1. snlittlered

snlittlered New Member

Sometimes when I stand to long my legs well start shaking. Its like they don't what to hold me up anymore. Does anyone else have this problem? I told my doctor and she sent me to another doctor for nerves.
  2. onset1990

onset1990 Member

I have that when I am feeling weakened and when i have overexerted my muscles somehow. Even something as simple as squatting down to clean something will cause my legs to do that later.

When a chiropractor was going to check my muscle strength many years ago, at the worst of my illness, I lasted less than 5 minutes on an exercise bike before my legs were shaking. I had been in aerobics for 8 years before I got sick so I know it wasn't just being out of condition.

I also get like that when I am anxious. I suffer from anxiety sometimes that make me go weak in the knees, but that's different from shaking I guess.
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

I also get the shaking hands and arms. part of this dd.
  4. snlittlered

snlittlered New Member

It doesn't happen very often but like you when I'm weak I have trouble standing. My husband has to help me to a chair to sit down. My knees have giving out on me too, I well just get up and down I go. Thanks for your info, I thought I was the only one.