Shalala CPAP machine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Mar 25, 2007.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

Good morning, Shalala! I was reading StephieBee's post when she was up early this morning. Saw you are trying to adjust to your CPAP.

I just got mine first of January. The first couple of weeks, I kept slinging it off after 2 to 4 hours. Then I caught a bad cold (turned into bronchitis) and stopped using it until that cleared up. So, then I had to start from scratch again trying to adjust to it.

After a month of using it every night, I finally got to wear I was sleeping all night with it and waking up about 9 hours after falling asleep.

THE CPAP HAS BEEN LIKE A MIRACLE (as far as my sleepiness, anyhow)!!! I rarely have to take a nap now, and I feel alert and awake most days. (I was sleeping up to 14 hours per day prior to the CPAP). So, I guess my docs were right (at least about that!). I may not have the energy to do anything active, but at least I can research, read, watch TV or something halfway productive instead of sleeping my life away.

Anyhow, was wondering which mask you are using??? (Just curious). I'm using the Respironics ComfortLite2. It works great, is very comfortable, stays in place all night.

Hang in there with it...you'll get adjusted in a few weeks!!!

TerryS
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member