Shalala STD vs. LTD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Mar 5, 2007.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

Getting STD was NO PROBLEM. But, it took 2-1/2 months to get approved for LTD, and as soon as they approved me, they demanded I get someone other than my PCP to put me out on medical leave.

I'm so stressed out right now...especially because my rheumy has been such a jerk.

Good luck to you!

TerryS
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

bumping
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I feel for ya hun. I jusst noticed your post. Thanks for the info. I have been kinda out of it :-( but have been trying to keep an eye on your plight and am hoping for the best for you

((((((((( hang in there TerryS )))))))))
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

I hope you see this message...

I have mitral valve prolapse, and my heart's been fluttering and sputtering ever since Friday night (after the rheumy visit)...and then them being nasty this morning to top it all off.

You may have seen that I was at my ENT's today. They did some extensive testing to rule out anything on their end for my chronic dizziness/vertigo (over two years now). Turns out I have Meniere's disease, and it's a definite diagnosis, with a partial hearing loss.

My ENT dictated a letter which is going to the rheumy. I hope that jerk (the rheumy) thinks twice next time before he tells a patient that there only problem is SLEEP APNEA!!! I was so excited about getting a real diagnosis on the dizziness, I forgot to inquire as to him helping me with my disability papers. Well, I have until 3/22 until I have to have them turned into LTD.

I'm seeing my infectious disease doc tomorrow after my CFS. Hopefully he will help me.

Then I'm seeing a psychiatrist on Thursday...I'm totally anxiety ridden after all this crap...on top of my already existing depression.

YIKES!

Maybe SSDI will look at my ever growing list of complaints/diagnoses and give me my benefits:

CFS, FM, primary biliary cirrhosis, mitral valve prolapse, Meniere's disease, irritable bowel syndrome...am I forgetting again...oh, yes, depression/anxiety.

What do you think???

Sorry, haven't asked about you. How are you doing?

TerryS