Shalom, Shirl - Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WifeHasFMS, Sep 18, 2002.

1. WifeHasFMS

WifeHasFMS New Member

Thank you for replying to my message "Is there a cure for FMS?"

You mentioned that you are taking supplements and they have helped you. CAn you please let me know what they are and anything else you have done or are doing to help improve how you feel?

Thank you,

WifeHasFMS
  2. WifeHasFMS

WifeHasFMS New Member

Thank you for replying to my message "Is there a cure for FMS?"

You mentioned that you are taking supplements and they have helped you. CAn you please let me know what they are and anything else you have done or are doing to help improve how you feel?

Thank you,

WifeHasFMS
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

But I can tell you that her favorite supplement is ZMA,which you can buy right here at ProHealth. I also take it and it has given me back some deep sleep, which has resulted in more energy during the day.
    I studied nutritional medicine in preparation for becoming a Naturopathic Doctor, but then quit when I found out it is a felony to practice in my state. However, I studied for two years and know a lot about supplements. I've had FMS for 17 yrs.
    Here is what I take:
    Multi-vitamin and minerals with B complex -( at least 50 mgs. of the basic B's)
    COQ10 - 60 mgs. in am (lower doses are not effective)
    Digestive enzyme cap at each meal
    Probiotics cap at each meal
    ZMA, 2 caps 1/2 hr. before bedtime
    GABA - 750 mgs. w/dinner
    Calcium Citrate Maleate - 500 mgs. w/meals twice daily
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM - 500 mgs. w/meals 3 X daily
    Octacosanol, 1 cap w/dinner

You would not need the second to last one unless she also has arthritis, and you don't need the last one unless she also has high cholesterol.
    If money is a prime consideration, I would go for two things: the Multivitamin and minerals with a high amt. of B vitamins in it, and the ZMA. That's a good place to start.
    I hope Shirl comes along soon to answer you. Best wishes,
    Klutzo
  4. brightlights

brightlights New Member

I have seen lots of testimonials about ZMA. I have achy legs at night, and I just might have to give this a try.

I am currently taking tha Magnesium/Malic Acid combination, but I see that you can buy Malic Acid by itself, so the next time I stock up, I think I'll try this ZMA and Malic Acid separately.

Do you think I should take the Malic Acid at the same time as the ZMA?

Sandra
  5. WifeHasFMS

WifeHasFMS New Member

Just pushing up so Shirl will see this
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

As far as I know, there is no reason not to take Malic acid with ZMA. It is just calcium that should not be taken at the same time.
    I personally eat an apple daily, and apples are loaded with Malic acid, and Malic acid is added to many foods, so I don't take it. I did take it once long ago, but it didn't help me.
    A doctor who was himself a CFS suffferer came and talked to my support group once and he said he found malic acid/Mg combos to be much more helpful to those with primary fatigue (CFS), rather than those with primary pain (FMS). It can't hurt you, so you might as well try it and see. Good luck,
    Klutzo
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I am taking basically the same as the above supplements with the exception of the last one, I have really noticed improvement, I have been able to improve my sleep, my IBS and my tinnitis. That is definitely progress.

Jaci