SHANNON- Your Appointment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Nov 23, 2005.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Just wondering how your Seattle appointment went? Let us know all the details.

Cindy
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Thanks for the bump, Hanging. :)

Cindy, do you still have the same phone number?

I just got back from my FFC trip at 4am this morning. I got some blood work done ahead of time here in Canada, and from that and the other info I gave, they think I have early Hashimoto's thyroiditis, early rheumatiod arthritis and fibromyalgia along with my chronic fatigue syndrome. Dr. Marti was impressed with the suppliments I'm taking now, so the only thing we had to add was more calcium and magnesium.

We will be treating with natural remedies only (I'm intollerent to a substance in most drugs) so our options are more limited - just a handful of herbs and animal products. But I think we will see some improvement. I see a long road of hard work ahead. But the information we get here is valuable. Just for the accurate testing, the trip was worth it.

I'm just broken up about my other diagnoses for now. Rheumatiod arthritis and Hashimoto's... these are things that standard medicine treats but can't cure. So I'm shaking down the internet for other options to help myself. Diet, herbs, whatever. There's no such things as an incurable disease, and there's always more than one way to do something. I think I'll have to chop my own path.

Thanks for asking. :) I had a serrious cry today over the Hashimoto's, but then I trimmed my brittle fingernails short (it's the thyroid thing that made them weak) and played the guitar for the first time in ages. I always loved my long nails too much to cut them short for the guitar. So I've scrounged up a little good so far.

I'll let you know what I find out to help myself. This is going to be an interesting challenge. (((hugs))) Shannon
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

So glad you went to the appointment and made it back safe and sound. Was the trip long? Did you stay overnight?

I'm sorry I don't know anything about hashimoto thyroid. I'm taking the T3 compound for low T3 and high RT3. You mentioned that infections could play a part with this, did they take the blood tests for the infectious panels?

You were smart to big your previous blood tests. I'm sure you saved some money. Sounds like the Dr. was able to make some observations from those.

I know you will get to the bottom of this with your researching the the members here who are familiar with hashimoto.

Cindy