((SHANNONSPARKLES)) Found the names of poetry mags.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by windblade, Apr 30, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Shannon,

I found the names of 2 poetry mags. listed in CFS magazines.

They are: Skywriters, A Literary Journal
    and
    Expressions Magazine: Literature & Art By Peope with Ongoing Health Problems & Disabilities.

I think your poetry is wonderful, and want it to find wings into the world also.

I read your recent post how you are having trouble hearing from your Dr. because of your sleeping hours.

I was thinking you could ask your friend or her daughter to call your Dr., and see if she has evening hours. Or maybe your doc could leave a message on their answering machine. Or they could bring a cell phone to you.

Maybe one of these things will work out, and you can get your nurse. Your friend sounds so caring - I'm sure she and her daughter would be so glad to help!

lots of (((Hugs)))
    Judy
    p.s. I asked a whole convent of nuns to pray for you. Combined with our loving prayer warriors here, I'm expecting results. :)
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I thought of an interesting writer who has written poems and articles for different mags.

Her name is Susan Dion. She was writing for the CFIDS chronicle. She used to be a teacher, and after becoming ill, she had printed up by grants a small book called

'WRITE NOW: Maintaining a Creative Spirit While Homebound and Ill.

It was for free - and very inspiring. When I wrote to thank her we started up a correspondance for a while. She sent me copies of her articles, and now I see online that she has written poems.

Probably there is a lot of info. about CFS poetry here from people reading mags. and stuff.

Lots of love.
    Judy
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Happy Birthday!!! Wish I could come and bring you a giant cake (non-gluten) and 3 presents that would fill your heart's desire.

Thinking of you, praying for you!

Keep fighting, Sparkles. When you get your nurse you will have all the help you need. Fight for it!

I'm celebrating YOU today. A wonderful, imaginative, gifted person who still has a lot to give to the world, and to receive!!!

Much love to you,
    Judy
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Bumping for Shannon
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... because you wrote this thread! :D Thank you!

I friend of dad's wrote a song about how sick I was, and it bugged me so much that I wrote another song right back at him. One of the verses was:

It's not "all in her head"
    Inside her head
    Is Free

Thank you for saying that I still have a lot to give.

Thanks for the prayers too. I've been having the best two weeks I've had in months, and I'm sure your prayers have had a hand in it. I love to watch the dandilions on the lawn. Spring is short in Calgary, but it sure is good when it gets here!

I will deffinately look into the magazines you mentioned. Thanks for the leg up. It would be wonderful to reach my little finger up from the printed page to tickle someone's ear for a minute.

Well, I've got to lie down. My symptoms have been less these weeks, but odd in that now it's easier to read than it is to write, and easier to stand but harder to sit... so I've been using the computer less and focusing more on reading all the libary books I have and playing music. Picture me blissfully twiddling on the recorder while I'm away. I love my little flutes. I can never have too many of them!

(((good presents!))) Shannon
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Wonderful - wonderful - wonderful Shannon.

I love dandelions too. Here in the suburbs everyone lives in fear and dread of them.:)

My husband taught a Japanee student at Berlitz, and when asked what he thought was most beautiful in his visit here.
    He said "Those little yellow flowers in the grass". I LOVED hearing that.

(((HUGS)))