Shar6710 Scalp sores, can you tell me more?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockymtnmom, Nov 27, 2006.

1. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Dear Shar,

I have had scalp sores that are very painful, erupt wherever, get scaly, oozy, scab over, repeat, repeat, eventually disappear then reappear in other places.

There are always many at one time. They can be itchy. They worsen when my other symptoms worsen.

Does this sound like what you experience? I noticed you wrote about them in the thread about "where you see yourelf in 10 yrs/cured or not", and that Mirapex is helping.

My Doctor is doing some research about Mirapex for me based on my giving him materials and speaking to him about it. I am hoping he will start me on it soon. He knows about my scalp sores, and if I let him know that Mirapex has helped yours it may be one more thing I can use to convince him.

Do you think there are enough similarities between what I describe and your experiences?

Thanks,

Kim
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Sounds like your sores may be worse than mine. Mine are small postules and they aren't really very sore but maybe mildly uncomfortable. They never get very big, maybe the size of a big pimple (they aren't pimple tho) and yes mine do scab over and then take forever to heal. This last patch I had appeared in early August when my latest crash occured and just cleared up recently.

I think you misread my post however: I believe that Transfer Factors are what cleared mine up. I begin taking them several weeks before the Mirapex and since I'v been taking them I haven't gotten any new sores and all the old ones are now healed.

Sorry that doesn't help you in your arguement for Mirapex. Do you have trouble sleeping or some kind of tremor? That's what most of us have been given it for.

Good luck,

Shar

Shar
  3. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

I dd read your post wrong and am sorry. However, I do have RLS to some degree (according to my hubby who is a doctor); and severe trouble with sleep going on 9 years now. Thanks for the info.
    I am moving to Denver in late spring, so may try the FFC there and look into transfer factors and antivirals.

Thanks, Kim
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

If you have untreated RLS I would think it shouldn't take much convincing for your Doc to Rx Mirapex. It is approved now (I'm pretty sure) for RLS.

While I'm still struggling with sleep issues I still feel better on it than I did before.

Good luck,

Shar
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2006]