share some of your ideas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANGELEO728, May 3, 2009.

1. ANGELEO728

ANGELEO728 New Member

for making housework, yard work,and child care easier for chronic pain sufferers. I know sometimes I look at my home and it seems like a mountain of work to do and time and energy are a precious resource for me. There are little things we can do to make chores easier. I was wanting to hear some ideas you all may use.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I started the 10min rule someone here posted. Do for 10 mins rest 10 mins.

Right now I dont have to much to suggest except if possible delagate!
    my mom did get me a Romba only way my floors would get vaccummed.[This Message was Edited on 05/04/2009]
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I like the 10 minute rule...makes a lot of sense. I pick one small chore for the straighten the bathroom sink clutter and a large chore for the putting laundry away. I always rest afterwards.

Sometimes if I am in the mood to cook and my body will allow....I cook a couple of meals and one goes in the freezer...or I cook a double portion and freezer the rest.

Great idea for a post:)
  4. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I followed that rule too! I have now been able to up it quite a bit but I refuse to push myself. If I start getting pooped, I just rest until I feel better.

I have no advice on child care, I couldn't imagine being a parent with chronic pain and I give huge kudos to those that do it day after day. Especially those that are single parents or that work and have children. When I was at my worst, I would not have been able to do either.

I think the biggest thing we all have to remember is to pace yourself, the work will always be there tomorrow and who cares what the neighbors think... they aren't the ones suffering.

5. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

If I had kids, I'd probably hafta move back in with Mom & Pop. I honestly don't know how people do it on their own, when they're very sick.

As for my household chores: Sometimes I just need some outside help. I live in a high-rise & several of my neighbors do chores for very little money. My biggie is the laundry. Our laundry-mat is downstairs, & I pay a guy to take care of it every-other week.

I realize everybody doesn't have this option. Do you know anyone who isn't a professional helper, who might help out occasionally & not charge professional rates? Maybe a teenager looking for pocket change?