Sharp headache pain on head above ears?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emmally, Mar 1, 2009.

1. emmally

emmally New Member

Does anyone get sharp short pain headache above your ears. I thought I was having temple headaches but I believe the location of your temples are between your eyes and ears in the hallowed part. The headaches that i am experiencing are more right above the top of my ears towards my face. So I guess close to my temple but higher and more on the side of my head than the side of my face....this just started this past week where its gotten to be worrisome. I have had this occur a few times before but not much till now. I am on valcyte but I am going on my 9th month. The only other new med I started was klonopin around a month ago.
  2. star273

star273 New Member

I dont know what this is either. I do have alot of trouble with sinus's so I assume its that... I have a plugged up head almost everyday. Sometimes taking a sudafed helps. I get alot of weird pain on my head though. I am pretty used to it, so I dont know. Let me know if you find out any more info.
    Good luck
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

just a thought.
    Could it be TMJ? I have this and it sounded like it.
    Hope you get some relief.
  4. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

Em, not sure, but do you suffer from migraines too? I do, and have noticed that mine have been affecting a different part of my head lately.

Curious-- how are you doing on Klonopin? Is it for anxiety? Do you take it at night? I'm considering switching from Ativan, but am reluctant to change anything so early in the Valcyte course when my body is already going crazy.
  5. emmally

emmally New Member

I did used to get severe daily sinus headaches that vicodin couldnt even touch which almost went compeltely away when I started beta blockers. Than I read in a migriane book that some sinus headaches are really migraines and are treated with beta and bloodpressure meds so maybe I did get them and didnt know it......because why else would they have gone away...I really have no idea why all of a sudden these temple like headaches are happening. I read online headaches it that area can be stress related so maybe that could be it..and I dont think I have tmj...

Yes klonopin for anxiety and yes it works good. I was having really bad panic episodes when I started to think about being sick....that was the only thing that brought them on...I take it at night and during the day....