Sharp shooting pains in right forearm??? ((((PLEASE RESPOND))))

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Does anyone else get this. It stars below my elbow and shoots down to my hand. My hands have been cramping and aching more lately. Do you think it's related???

Looking for any input at all.

Thanks guys,

Sofi
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

like an electric shock?
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I guess it sort of does. It seems to start just below my elbow and down to my ring finger. Have you experienced this?

Sofi
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

could my heart be involved even if the pain is on the right arm???

I have an appointment for may 9 should I try to get in sooner?

Thanks

Sofi
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Mine feels like an electric shock. It starts in my elbow. Feels like a nerve in between the elbow joint or something, it shoots down my arm. I can squeeze my elbow in the right spot and it shoots an electric type pain down my arm. My pinkie finger tingles sometimes. It is more irritating than anything. I take a beta-blocker for rapid heart rate. I have never had heart problems,just the rapid heart rate, that's what I take the beta-blocker for. Wonder if it could be carpel-tunnel or something. I do massages and I think it irritates it.

Kriket
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

fibro, tennis elbow...just go get it checked out they will finger it out...sorry i have looked at your bio yet...

jodie
  7. Keeshondmom

Keeshondmom New Member

I have had the same nagging paid from just above my elbow to down to my hand effecting my thumb and firt 2 fingers. After complaining to every DR I went to for 5 long years, an MRI showed that I had completely torn rotator cuff and retraction. Because the injury was so old and that I subsequently fallen many times the tear was repairable but the bones in my shoulder remain unstable. The pain I experience, burning and numbness I experience from my elbow to hand is a incapsulated nerve problem from no one believeing me long enough to find my tear in time and all of the falls and injuries in that shoulder and arm.
    It does help very much to get and wear a 6" to 8" wrist splint, available at any med supply store, as wrist movement in the wrong direction seems to intensify the pain.
    The other thing that really works is Physical Therapy to stretch out the muscles of your arm, shoulder and neck area.

My pain seems to become unbearable if I do anything with arm like mopping the floors, painting or sewing. I found a cortizone injection into the nerve above my elbow to be of great relief. Ask your Ortho about this.
    I hope this info helps someone out there, as I spent many years thinking I was going out of mind.
  8. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I get this too....it's like a bolt of lightning pain going through my forearm. It actually makes me jump because it's not constant. It just sort of shoots through it at varying times, within seconds or minutes of each other.
  9. Jordane

Jordane New Member

It sounds like Carpol Tunnel.The nerve endings on your hands gets damaged.
    Feels like an electric shock going up your arm?
    There is a test for it.Ask your doc when you go.

Take Care
    Jordane
  10. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm feeling comforted just knowing there are others of you who have experienced this.

I am trying to get in to see my DR. I will get my heart checked out as I was on Prednisone for a while and I just want to be sure I'm OK. I will also test for carpel tunnel.

Sounds about right if I do have carpel tunnel. I think I have just about every other syndrome which falls under the FM syndrome list.

I appreciate all of your responses - it is soooo helpful to me.

Sofi

[ advertisement ]