Shaving legs????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lil_angel1198, Sep 20, 2006.

1. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

Ok, we all know it's almost winter.... and it used to be that I wouldn't shave as much during the winter, let's face it....my husband is the only one going to see my legs, and he says if it's not long enough to braid, he doesn't care! LOL

My question/problem is.... my skin is very sensitive, and while it doesn't bother me to shave once a week, within a day or so, my legs are feeling sensitive to it growing back in....I can't shave everyday because that would bother me.

I'd prefer not to have to shave every other day, but it hurts when the hair grows back in...I can't stand to wear pants or jeans when it's growing, as it actually hurts.

So, any suggestions??

Has anyone used those bladeless razor type things with the creams?? Do they work???

2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Are you too sensitive to have your legs salon waxed? That would last much longer & the regrowth might be less each time.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

When you let leg hair grow to full length, it actually doesn't look bad. It's no hairier than most guy's arms are.

I stopped shaving. I don't miss it. Now I don't have all that hassle and itching and stubble. I like all the soft, orderly hairs on my legs. It took me some time to get used to the new look. Now it's Shannon chik. ;)

It's a personal preference thing, I guess. Just wanted to let you know that it's not so bad doing without.
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

and my teen daughter has used the bladeless/cream stuff. She claims it works pretty well. I was surprised because the typical Nair-type stuff never worked for me in the past (hairs are too thick or something). Anyhow, might be worth trying. I haven't tried this new stuff because I'm assuming you have to stand and wait for a few minutes and that just sounds too exhausting to do!

TerryS
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

What's that????? LOL

Need all the warmth i can get in Northern MN.
  6. Anafun

Anafun Member

Has anyone tried Laser?I am diabetic and it is not recommended.I always wanted to know more about hair removal.
  7. Anafun

Anafun Member

Has anyone tried Laser?I am diabetic and it is not recommended.I always wanted to know more about hair removal.
  8. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Whoa Angel.........

I know many people who have done their best to address the body hair issue. I myself inherited the hair gene from my Father's side and we could be considered nice warm teddy bears if we didn't address this issue some how. Yet between the Fibro,CFS, 3 of the Arthritis family I wouldn't dare shave etc now. My body as a whole and skin+ such esp. hate being even a bit hairless. Hubby and I amoung the important ones would rather see hair than Dermatitis. Itchy,sensitive skin, inhanced by severe dryness make the hair most necessary.Razor get to close and the ingrown rash and crap aren't worth it.Hair clippers can leave a stubble which catches on clothing.The dilapitories such as Nair, etc. actually burn my skin till it peels.Waxing is almost as bad as chemical treatments. In any case for me not only is the hair a fashion statement,it really prevents major issues. Our body doesn't take kindly to issues like this. Besides as has been noted by others Winter is coming soon! Our bodies love to have Mother Nature dress us in special climatic clothing without the stress factors. Wear your hair with pride and start a new style in your area!
  9. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I absolutely hate shaving my legs cuz it always hurts and I bleed everywhere. I finally found a razor this month that works painlessly. I haven't had all the usual irritation etc at all...this is a miracle for me, believe me. I use just a little bit of shaving cream so the blades don't get clogged, I'm very surprised at the great results!
    Winter time is time for me to add the fur so I stay better insulated tho;)
  10. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Oh am I blonde today and here my hair been closer to black than white yet and has been all my life....lol

This is something someone somewhere in the past (no clue when) told me but it works!! Instead of shaving cream or gel try hair conditioner. We are trying to remove hair but it needs help getting as "tangle free" as possible. It's better for our skin and rinses off well...Worked while I was in cultivating to my teddy bear style of today,and tomorrow,and so on and so on...yadda yadda the fogs thick today!!
  11. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

Is the one I like too....however, my real problem is when the hair grows back in, if anything rubs on my legs then, it hurts.

I guess I'll just have to keep shaving, and live with it. UGH! LOL