SHELBO: thinking of U, wondering about NAET...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Nov 19, 2005.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Just wondering how your NAET treatments are going, if you decided to stick with it. I know you had a lot of concerns, understandably, plus had the challenge of finding a good practitioner that was close enough to get to...and one you felt comfortable about.

I just did hormones---that, and B Vitamins, I think, were my biggest problems. I still have one of the basics to go, then I'm "fine-tuning", I guess, but I am noticing that my hair loss---a big problem for the past 18 months for me, with seemingly no trigger (I've passed every type of test for things that can cause hair loss)---seems, and I say this with caution, seems to be a bit better. So I'm hopeful that maybe addressing a lot of my allergies, and chiefly hormones, may be starting to help some. We'll see...

Anyway, I thought of you & was wondering if you stuck with the NAET. It definitely is a commitment of time and buck$, that's for sure.

Hope you are well,
    Pam
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Hi Pam, butting in here-- Glad to hear that your hair loss is (I will say this with caution) doing a little better?
    Mine, on the other hand, is starting to come out a little more. I think it's just the added pain right now, and maybe dropping most of my Supps.?

Also, thanks for telling me to have the B vits checked in my bloodwork, I will do that.

Take care,
    Laura
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Nice of you to ask!! I suppose I am just too fussy! I tried another NAET practitioner and was not convinced by him either! He gave me no guidelines before the first session at all...I was handed a booklet in his waiting room with a section in it on how to prepare for NAET ( I mean, I already knew with having already seen a different practitioner but how was he to know that?!) He also kept me waiting for half an hour almost with a grunt of an apology!

So I've not gone back for more treatments...disappointed because I was willing to make the sacrifice with my limited cash - had I been convinced that he was the right person to see I would have continued.

I'm not put off NAET but it's no use investing in a course of treatments when you don't feel right about the practitioner. I am waiting till after Christmas now...if I can find s/o not too far away who I trust when Christmas is over I may take it up again! In the meantime, I'm trying to do as much of the groundwork done as possible in terms of cleaning up my diet etc cos I have been getting worse generally. My chemical sensitivities are bad...My b/f just invested in a juicer for me so I am going to be making a lot of my own vegetable juices!

I will let you know if and when I try the NAET again...I am still intrigued by it and do believe it can really work if you get the right practitioner...well, you're proof of that!! :)

I am glad your hair problem seems to be receding (pun intended!!) :)

Good talking to you, Pam! Love and God bless, Shelbo :)

4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

You know, I totally understand your concerns about NAET, and I think if you don't have the right practitioner you feel good about, you are wise to wait until you find someone you can trust. It is a big commitment of time and money, and if I didn't like my doctor so much, I probably wouldn't be doing it either.

Ralph used to claim you could read up on this and do some of it yourself at home, but I'm not sure how that all works!

I'm not noticing a complete recovery or anything, but I do see some differences these days---the biggest I've mentioned before, the complete healing of my nasal/seasonal allergies. But I'm also noticing that I'm much more "regular"---I didn't ever have huge IBS-type problems, but I'm noticing that any I did have are pretty much gone. I think that's mostly from clearing eggs and dairy. But I think even with NAET, I will still probably stay away from gluten, which I avoid. Technically, I'm not celiac, but I still notice I react to it. And I've done grains (I guess I can still do gluten separately) but even with NAET, I'm still hesitant to eat them. NAET's not a cure-all for everything, but I don't think there's much out there that IS...

Anyway, just wanted to touch base with you! Take care & I hope you feel better, Shelbo!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My hair loss seems to go in cycles (like a lot of things, I guess!) so I'm not sure I can attribute this to NAET or not...I've had other times where it's gotten better, then worse again. So who knows? But I'm hoping treating the hormones is having a positive affect.

You've been in so much foot pain lately, I'm just wondering how that affects things like hair loss, but it almost seems that if we are fighting pain all the time and if a lot of our energy is going to that, is it robbing our body of the ability to fight other things? Just musing here...

I'm really hoping this new neurologist can help you! Foot pain is the worst because it's the part of the body holding up everything else, and you can only stay off them for so long. Keep us all posted on how things are going for you...

(((Hugs)))
    Pam