Sheltered?? FMS/MPS ect..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tcpolchies, Jun 17, 2006.

1. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Question: Anyone else find themselves shletered even on a good day? I assuming the PTSD may play a role in this or perhaps its cause I feel as though people can notice a difference in me?? Dont be shy to reply to this post please your feedback is appreciated!

T~
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Hi T,
    I'm going to take a wild guess as to what you're meaning exactly and say yes.

I tend to try and stay away from most people when I'm having bad days and am still able to get up and around. Everything shows in my face. People can read me like an open book. I've been told that my entire life. They take one look at me and I can't lie to them and tell them that I'm okay. It seems that they can see the pain in my eyes or on my face. And I feel like they are always watching me. I reealize that it's a protective thing on their part though.

I don't know if I'm acutally trying to shelter myself from trying to figure out what to say when someone asks me how I feel, or if I'm trying to shelter them from having to see me in pain over and over again.

Was that what you meant?
  3. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Shelter myself as in avoiding social interactions with anyone. I wasnt implying that you shleter yourself. I was referring to myself and how i deal with my condition when it effects others around me. I agree that most poeple can see the pain in the eyes and yes there problaby some what intimidated by this, being cautious on there part. Its that look when we are in pain,..my daughter says I look lost almost. Like you I stay indoors and shelter myself after work and on weekends. I have literally fell asleep while resting from jst 3-4 hr a day work schedule simply to rejuvinate myselelf so i can go to work the next day. Quite frankly I dont know how Im walking around at times! LOL!

I hope I didnt offend you in any way it was not inteneded at all.

T~
  4. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

I shelter myself both physically and emotionally. I guess I dont want anyone to know how I really feel. So I shelter myself this way, yes. Sad isnt it. When I have bad days one wouold never know cause I walk around wearing a mask. Scarry isnt it? See most of the poeple tha know me see me happy go chipper. I been caught twice now not being my total self and although I was trying to get home to shelter myself I was busted. Unfortunately my supv., was the one who I threw for a loop! hahahaha! I kept saying nows not a good time I got to go. But she was presistent and I blew up and she was shocked. Take into consideration that poeple see what they want to see. My supv., is the controlling type not to mention a perfectionsist. She is totally unaware that she messes up a lot and her socialization skills are not up to par as well. I have heard this from other employees as well.Back on track, So if people are used to me picking them up and happy go lucky type, cracking jokes to over come my barriers, then on a bad day it would be a shock to see me on day i am not well. Since I shelter myself most have not seen this, with the exception of my doc's. On a happier note I can express exactly what Im feeling here on this site and no one I know, hopefully will ever know.

T~
  5. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Yes, i hold it in and get myself feeling better by isolating myself at home. I dont share that Im sick with poeple I meet or know. Only those few are aware only becuase I was busted during a flare up while out and about. I see a therapist for this to help me over come this barrier but I cant say it is under control. For the record I dont just have FMS/MPS/IBS/DDD and anxiety that comes from FMS but as well as the PTSD. My understanding is it will never go away. Been like this since I was a little girl.

T~
  6. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

No, no, you didn't offend me in the least. I didn't mean it that way. I just wasn't sure if I was answering the question or giving you the kind of information that you were looking for. I figured if I misread or misinterpreted it, then my answer would sound sort of silly. I was just trying to clarify, so I didn't sound like a total goof....
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

In reading your profile I noticed you had your email posted.

Could you please remove it.The rules state that you can not post it.This is for your own protection.

From time to time we do get people who come here only once and its to sell something.

I would not want anything to happen to you .Cause I really enjoy reading your post.

Take Care
    Sue