Shifting Rooms During The Night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jul 17, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I do not know what it is, but I am waking up every night and have to go sleep on the couch. I start in the bed but it seems I have to leave the room sometime after midnight.
    I have no reason why.

I use a sleeping pill, but it does not work if I do not change rooms.

Any clues?

nyrofan
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi nyrofan,

I have no idea why you have to change rooms in order to sleep. But maybe its as simple as this, your body rests better on the couch therefore your drawn to the couch.

You might not realize it helps you more to sleep on the couch but your body does realize it so your mind kicks in gear for you and you just go to the couch.

Or have you by chance ever had a problem with sleepwalking?

I sleep better on the couch alot especially when my backpain is worse.

Well i hope you figure out why your doing this if it bothers you. Take care. Tammy.
  3. LucyPevensie

LucyPevensie New Member

Ditto Tam - I can't sleep in the bed we currently have - I move around too much, and my DH can't get a good night sleep because of it. I'm a sofa sleeper!
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I do this when I'm feeling really rough. I think having the support behind my back somehow helps. I finally learned that I could put a couple of fairly firm pillows behind my back and go to sleep on my side and it would do basically the same thing.

Jan
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I have pillows between my knees and a firm one behind my back. But for some reason, in the middle of the night, it is much more comfortable to have the back of the couch firmly planted right along my back.

I sleep much better on the couch too.

Pepper