SHIN SPLINTS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NONNAB, Oct 26, 2002.

1. NONNAB

NONNAB New Member

SEVERAL WEEKS AGO I READ ON HERE SOMETHING ABOUT SHIN SPLINTS. THE PAST WEEK MY SHINS HURT SOMETHING TERRIBLE.
    I HAVE FIBRO AND LUPUS. I WAS ON MY FEET QUITE A BIT
    MORE THAN USUAL.
    PLEASE RESPOND OUT THERE!
    CONNIE
  2. NONNAB

NONNAB New Member

SEVERAL WEEKS AGO I READ ON HERE SOMETHING ABOUT SHIN SPLINTS. THE PAST WEEK MY SHINS HURT SOMETHING TERRIBLE.
    I HAVE FIBRO AND LUPUS. I WAS ON MY FEET QUITE A BIT
    MORE THAN USUAL.
    PLEASE RESPOND OUT THERE!
    CONNIE
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

i was at urgent care last weekend for the same thing that dr said it may be shinsplints or just apart of the fibro ,he couldnt tell for sure shinsplints can be caused by being on your feet alot,do a web seach for shinsplints to read more and call your dr and tell him you think you might have it and ask what you should do,i feel so bad for you i hurts sooo bad, hope you feel soon
    kara
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Even before diagnosis, I have had problems when I skied, ran or speed walked. It did help to do stretching exercises prior to these activities. I read recently that we are prone to shin splints.

Love, Mikie
  5. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I never had a problem with that until I went on a field trip with my son's kindergarden class. We had such a good time. The teachers were going to leave around 1 so they could return to school on time. My husband and I both went with our son and decided to stay longer. That soon changed. I hadn't been diagnosed with fm yet but after walking around the zoo for 3 to 4 hours I told my hubby that we needed to go. Two days later I woke up and "tried" to put my feet on the floor. There was such excuricating pain in my shins. It lasted for about 3 days and finally I was able to walk. Yeah!! This was so strange. I had always been very active. I went to the gym 5 days a week working out cardio and weights for about 2 hrs a day. I couldn't understand why a little walking would affect me. I finally went to the doctor concerning this. He had been seeing me for the past year for problems with my right hand, wrist, arm and shoulder. Once he talked with me he decided to send me to have all the normal test done. (he had suggested fm to me but of course he had to run the necessary test to rule out anything else) I finally got my diagnoses from my rheumy that my gp sent me to about 3 months later. When I'm on my feet too long I can feel it in my shins.

Crissie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2002]
  6. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Hey sometimes too shin splints can be caused from changing your shoes.

Brenda