Shingles Vaccine and Hypothyroidism

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by lkarner, Jan 4, 2009.

1. lkarner

lkarner New Member

I am new to this site but I have a question. Does anyone know if you have hypothyroidism whether or not you should have the shingles vaccine or not. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last year and I got the shingles vaccine in November. I have had symptoms of a cold ever since I got the vaccine. I thought it was just a cold at first but it's lasted for so long now that I'm thinking it's from the vaccine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any experience like this or knows of anyone who has. Thank you.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I checked some sites (one is below) quickly and found you can get symptoms like a respiratory virus, but that they have lasted this long would be troublesome. I would see your doctor and discuss this with him/her. I get respiratory infections that can last longer because I have lupus (and I have hypothryoidism but that's not why). Lupus is an auto-immune disorder, and you may need blood work to see what is happening.

http://senior-health.emedtv.com/shingles-vaccine/shingles-vaccine-side-effects.html