??? shirl about sleeping?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by niggley, Sep 11, 2002.

1. niggley

niggley New Member

hi there just reading some replys about sleeping and what can help and l read your response and wanted to know what Xanax, and the list below were? Are they prescribed by doctors and are they herbal or chemical...
    l have better sleep now and regulate between nytol and valerian tables both herbal...its just getting off into a sleep as my mind always has something to think about! Could you explain....l've listed what you took from a previous email...many thanks niggley....

I take Xanax (0.25 milligrams) at 6pm
    ZMA, (2 capsules) zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6 at 10pm
    Melatonin (3 milligrams) right before bed

2. niggley

niggley New Member

hi there just reading some replys about sleeping and what can help and l read your response and wanted to know what Xanax, and the list below were? Are they prescribed by doctors and are they herbal or chemical...
    l have better sleep now and regulate between nytol and valerian tables both herbal...its just getting off into a sleep as my mind always has something to think about! Could you explain....l've listed what you took from a previous email...many thanks niggley....

I take Xanax (0.25 milligrams) at 6pm
    ZMA, (2 capsules) zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6 at 10pm
    Melatonin (3 milligrams) right before bed

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The only prescription drug is the Xanax, its an anti Anxiety med. I have a 'racing brain' problem. I can't relax before bed. I can think of a thousand and one things, and I just keep myself from sleeping I guess.

The ZMA is; zinc, magnesium, and Vitamin B-6, it can be bought here at the site, just click on the 'Store' link and you can read about it.

Melatonin is a hormone, which most of us lack with FM/CFS. It can also be bought here at Pro Health too. It helps me fall asleep pretty fast, and the ZMA seems to keep me sleeping in a deep stage 4 sleep.

HOpe this answers your question.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. niggley

niggley New Member

thanks for helping me out l find this site and your help so useful...l have very little info and although l now have a caring gp l've no info about whats out there that l can get ......thanks again love and sleepy nights niggley