SHIRL.. are you still here?still moderator?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JimB51, May 15, 2009.

1. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I've been gone from board for 3 years (been in a nursing home). Just got a laptop computer.
    Wanted to find out how things are going for you down there. You were just starting to recover from Katrina. - had snake problems ,in the yard.. etc -were in my prayers concerning the oil rig person/China situation). etc
    I hope you will reply. I'm praying for you and very concerned(and it seems (from the replys)I'm not the only one. :)
    Jim (JimB51 ... JimB on the old board).(check you're email) MUCH SHALOM! ........................................................................ >> >Update 5/16 HEY... I see Mikie and Sharon are still here! HELLO!! :)

*** DOES ANYONE KNOW if Shirl is still around? ... ANYONE???? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    OOPS!! I seem to have accidentily deleted all the replies to this post. aarg!!

MIKIE, I just wrote you a note. I'm so tired but I'm going to try to rewrite it.
    >I see that you're still here and doing such a great service helping so many people. You're so appreciated.
    Glad you're able to get out of the house and even do some part time work.
    That sounds soooo good to me!
    Thanks for the info concerning Shirl. I'm concerned.
    I emailed her a few days ago. No reply yet. Think I'll resend it and maybe send a note to her home. I don't think I'd be intruding since she was always glad to hear from me. I'll let you know if I hear from her.
    God bless you and, as our friend would say ... Shalom

[This Message was Edited on 05/17/2009]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

The last I heard Shirl was having a very difficult time after hurricane Katrina and doesn't often post, although I know she has in the past on the worship board.

Mikie might be able to tell you more, and although she no longer moderates here, she does stop in from time to time, often on the Chit Chat board. She's been busy working now but still has time to catch up and let us know what's going on in her life.

Have you tried doing a search in Shirl's name? Not sure if the feature works as well as it once did since they've revamped the entire site.

3. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I searched her name. Her last post was a year ago. I'll probably check with Mikie. I found Shirl's email address in my address book so I sent her a message last night. Maybe she'll reply.
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I think Mikie posted she had bad problems with pneumonia or bronchitis a while back and also after Katrina she didn't post as much.

She is here now and again I think but hasn't much chance to post anymore.

Mikie will let you know more I expect as I believe they are in touch.

Love Bunchy x
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I sincerely hope you hear from her soon. She's been going through such a difficult time.

If it's not too personal and if it's ok with Shirl, if you do hear from her can you let us know if she's ok?

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Has had a very bad time following Katrina and some conditions which bother her. She has had chronic bronchitis and back problems. Last I heard from her, she was supposed to get a laptop so she could get online more as the setup she has does not allow her to sit at the computer without pain.

I still e-mail her now and then but she rarely replies. I assume she didn't get the laptop and wi-fi set up. I'll let y'all know if and when I hear from her. I keep her in my prayers and I know she appreciates all the prayers our members say for her.

Love, Mikie
  7. thanks for the info Mikie. I pray she gets better soon and we see her here again.
  8. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I see you're still here and doing a great job helping so many people.
    You're greatly appreciated.
    I'm concerned about Shirl.
    Thanks for the update. I realize that I need to start praying for her again. I sent her an email but no reply yet. Maybe I'll resend it and maybe send a note to her home. I don't think I'd be intruding since she always seemed glad to hear from me.
    If she does reply I'll let you know.
    Glad you're able to get out of the house and even work a little. That sounds sooooo good to me.
    God bless you and as our friend would say ... Shalom Jim

9. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Sure. I'll let you know if I hear from Shirl ... Jim
  10. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

So nice to see a post from you, so sorry you haven't been able to get on line.
    You were in a NH or are you still in one? I hope it's a good one, one of my Sisters and a Brother, had to go into one, not at the same time tho.
    They were very kind to both of them, which I am very grateful for.
    We lost both of them, but they are in "That Better Place".

I still haven't made that trip to Chicago, but some day, maybe,; lol.
    Thanks again for the helpful info you had given me, it did help, ,,

Now that you have that Laptop be sure to hang out here, there aren't to many of us "Oldies" left.

I don't post to much, but I still read post's, my hands are very sore these days, like now. :eek:)

GOD Bless you,
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

Its great to hear from you. You probably don't remember me but I remember you from past post. I would like to know how you are doing. I know no more about Shirl than others have posted, sorry I am of no help ..There are not many of us oldies left on the board .

Seems as the years pass I can't see any inprovement in my condition but would love to hear from you and how you are doing.

God Bless,
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bless your heart. I know Shirl would love to get a note from you. She only answers my e-mails once in a blue moon, so don't feel bad if she doesn't e-mail you back. I really should give her a call.

She loves everyone here so much, so you can imagine how bad she's been if she doesn't come here to check in or even return e-mails. Part of it is her computer situation and how hard it is on her back to even try to sit at it. The chronic bronchitis keeps her exhausted too.

This year has been horrible for bronchitis, sinusitis, chronic coughing, and allergies here in SW FL and where Shirl is too. I have seen posts from people in other areas too in which they describe basically the same thing. Our rain season has finally started and it is a God send because it has removed a lot of the pollen and dust from our air, not to mention the smoke from all the brush fires we've had.

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them. It's soooo good to hear from you. There are still some of us old timers around but many of us don't get here as often. Take care of yourself.

Love, Mikie
  13. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I remember you. Yes I'm in nursing home -3 years now. Old meds quit working and I went downhill. ... Way downhill. Went to VA hospital. New meds were awful. no help. They sent me here.
    Dr. tried a few meds. I had unbearable reactions - then retried old meds. (the ones that used to help me). One doesn't work at all any more -and the other one gave me a black out with amnesia and dropped my B/P very low. My body and brain can't tolerate it at all. -
    So ... he just gave up on me.
    I try to "keep myself together" and try to make it thru each day - moment to moment. - There's Much more to say but ... just too hard to talk about.
    - Gotta rest now. Glad to hear from you. God bless you Jim

> NOTE -
    SCROLL WAY WAY DOWN to get other replies - 'cause this Post took a lot of EMPTY SPACE .....

[This Message was Edited on 05/22/2009]
  14. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Hey you! I DO remember you!
    I'm glad you remember me.
    Well, I want to write but I'm so wiped out. I just posted a note to Bruin (Sharon) on this thread so please read it - 'cause it's for you too.
    - God bless you, Jim
  15. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for bringing your post to my attention with another post cause I did miss it.. I am so sorry to hear that you are in a NH and all you have been going through but it is great hearing from you.. When you feel up to it give me an update on how they treat you and all your problems, if you would like. I would love to keep in touch with you.

As for me I find as I get older my condition gets worse, but compared to you I can't and won't complain. The doctors I have been to are clueless as to what to do seems nothing helps for long. Still fighting depression/anxiety along with the other symptoms of this dd.

Not sure if I can do this on not but here goes ...My email is if you feel up to it or we can chat on the board if you wish.

You are in my prayers and hope to hear from you.

God Bless,
  16. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Got your message. Thank you.
  17. JimB51

JimB51 Member

This is the 3rd time I'm writing this note. It keeps diappearing. arrg!!
    Here I go again.
    Read your info re: Shirl today. (5/22). Thanks.
    - What is wi-fi? Wireless internet connection?
    - I've had "Cricket" for 3 weeks now(a little devise that plugs into a computer that gives wireless internet access from ANYWHERE). $40/month and no contract. I use skypes(uses video camera on my computer to see and hear who I'm talking to). Most laptops have built in camera.
    - I "attended" my grandaughter's Birthday party last week - from my room here. You probably know all this stuff .. but I'm so amazed at how far technology is going .. and so Fast!

-I have a laptop too. I can lay back on my bed and use it - Less fatigue and back pain. I hope Shirl finds this post/thread when she gets back on line.
    - -Thanks again. Take care, Jim .................
    and STOP FALLING DOWN AT WORK! - (some people will do Anything for attention)!! - (LOL) :)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/22/2009]
  18. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I remember Nana. What's her user name? Is it Greatgran?
  19. jmq

jmq New Member

I came on the board about two years ago when all of you were around. You were all angels coming to help me. I hope we can get some of the old group back on here. You are all very special...even when we are sick, we worry about each other, and truely get to care about each other. I have not seen another site as supportive as this one.

Jim, I hope you are doing a bit better in a nursing home. Its better than living alone when you get so sick. I imagine, I will end up in one some day too. What is it like? I hope it is a good one. You said all the meds did not are you on none now? I think I am on way too many meds and they will eventually be the cause of my demise!

Well....tell Shirl I miss her too and we will be here waiting for her when she can stop by.

Hi Mikie too....yes, my allergies in Florida have been bothering me and now the rain is killin my hip bones. Oh goes on.

Take care everyone!
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have been selling sooooo much stuff at the store OTC for allergies. People are complaining of sinus headaches, stuffy heads, running noses, coughs, itchy skin and eyes, etc. This is the worst it has been in 12 years. I never had allergies like this down here, only a little when the Melaleuca trees were in bloom (when aren't they in bloom :) As all the land is developed around me, the Melaleucas are torn down, so there are fewer and fewer of them. I still love it here, even when it's sooooo hot.

Love, Mikie